problem in viewing events video

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
david1234

problem in viewing events video

Post by david1234 »

Hello ,
I dowload zonminder v1.33.16 (I follow this link

Code: Select all

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_10_Buster_with_Zoneminder_1.33.x_from_ZM_Repro_Master
)
now I see it's develope \ Beta only
this version lose connection to IP camera once every hour for 30 seconds
also lose connection to a USB camera.
when the camera work as motion detector , I can see events been save - but I can't see\download tham (I have try chrome\explorer).
it's also seeem the system is working very slow .
I didn't have this problem on version 1.30.1 (I think)
how can I downgrage to a working stabe version 1.32.x\1.30x ? and it there a guide to downlaod those versions?
also if there is - can I do it or do I need to create a fresh installtion?

I'm using PI3 with buster OS , I can see the cpu is on 20% and I ahve more then 8GB free (so I don't think it's a resources problem).

Thanks ,
bbunge

Re: problem in viewing events video

Post by bbunge »

Very likely a resource issue. The pi 3 can run 2 maybe 3 cams at 640x480 resolution. If you are running the desktop version you will have problems running out of resources. My pi 3 b + does very well with two ip cams at 640x480 on the latest dev version installed with the same instructions. And I use Zoneminder to serve the cam streams to a web page on the pi.

With a pi it is easy enough to wipe the sd card and start fresh with lite raspbian.
david1234

Post by david1234 »

I'm running desktop vestion but not the full one
when I run zonminder 1.31.x(I think) on the smae pi - I didn't have this problems (and I connected 2 IP cameras + USB)
now with buster OS I have only the usb and 640x480 limit to 1M IP camera

before I start over with raspbian-stretch . is there any way to try to downgrage the Zoneminder?

Thanks ,
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Yes, you could downgrade. With a Pi it is much easier to start over, though. Consider ditching the desktop and installing Rasbian Buster Lite and ZM 1.33.x. Yes, you will have to brush up on your command skills. I enable ssh server in the Pi and do the installs from another PC, WIndows 10 with Putty and just copy the commands from the ZM WIKI and paste them into Putty. Seems like the last time I installed Zoneminder on my Pi it took me 15 minutes including flashing the SD card on my WIndows 10 PC with Balena Etcher. That includes the Buster updates (downloads are fast on FIOS!). 640X480 is about as much as you can expect on a PI and for most security cams you really do not need to do HD video.
david1234

Post by david1234 »

OK
I will give it a try
I will install buster lite
can you send me a link for installtion stabel version ?
1.32\33.x?

I'm using PI3 with
1. usb camera 352pix
2. IP camera 640X480 max
3. maybe anther IP camera with 640X480

the pi is only with zonminder , no other application will be install (except the OS)

Thanks ,