I setup ZM a while ago and want to hire someone to remotely help me fine-tune it

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
dblagbro

I setup ZM a while ago and want to hire someone to remotely help me fine-tune it

Post by dblagbro »

I have a few cams around the house and I setup ZM to create a central repository. I'm thinking I'd like to do a webex or teamviewer type desktop share and phone call with someone who knows this software and how to set it up to record only motion and discard other stuff... I had it going and thought it was fine but then I realized filled up 8Tb of space in a month on my SAN/NAS and then spent 4-5 days deleting it all so I could resume doing my day job, now I have it back and somewhat stable but I can't get over some hurdles. I'm a regular linux user, network engineer by day, but ZM software is new to me... and it makes more sense to hire some experience than to spend hours starting without any background training myself.

I'd like to have someone show me some basics on:

-setting up to record only motion and how these 'events' work so I'm not saving days of the same picture of my driveway type things.
-setting up stuff for making zmNinja work remotely on my phone when I'm not home (i'll handle port forwarding / remote access, but i think I have some API permissions issues)
-double checking my network file share permissions (NFS / chmod permissions, etc)
-sharing any tips, tricks, suggestions that comes with experience since I don't have experience with this.

I am thinking I need about an hour of someone's time and I'd be glad to pay and donate to the open source project in your name after about 10 min of qualifying if you can actually help me first.

I'm flexible on rate as long as it's reasonable, this is for my residence so I am not in a rush nor do I have a deadline... it could be more than an hour too, not really sure yet but that's a good place to start I figured.

PS: I have at least one client who also is interested in redoing their camera system (ICRealTime currently) and depending on your interest and experience / abilities, I may be able to send some more work your way from my customers. Part of why I setup this server is to learn but I'm finding I don't have the time to really roll up my sleeves and get into it when I have other priorities.
iconnor

Re: I setup ZM a while ago and want to hire someone to remotely help me fine-tune it

Post by iconnor »

I offer this service. My rate is $100/Hr. Payment upon satisfaction. I'm a little busy today but can probably help tomorrow or Friday.

When you go to zoneminder.com, if you start typing in the chat box you might get me (if I'm online). My general hours of availability are 10-3 EST.
dblagbro

Re: I setup ZM a while ago and want to hire someone to remotely help me fine-tune it

Post by dblagbro »

I may take a couple weeks to find the time but thank you - I will be in touch, this is exactly what I'm hoping for when I can take the time to sit down and learn with you.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I'll be here when you are ready

I should mention... I have been planning... for like 6 months now... to start a youtube channel where I go through a lot of this stuff. So stay tuned. I might get to it soon. (I bought a green screen, so I'm inching towards it)