Newbie help request

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
frengo

Newbie help request

Post by frengo »

Good morning,
I am completely new to the field of video surveillance. I would have a help in configuring the following system:

In the global system I have different CCTV closed circuits each with a DVR (of different brands) that records locally. In total 290 cameras distributed in the different CCTV circuits.

I would like to assemble a small monitoring center where I would like to display camera groups every certain period of time (I can't see them all together for reasons of insufficient bandwidth).

It can be possible to implement it using ZoneMinder?

Thanx in advance
rockedge

Re: Newbie help request

Post by rockedge »

are all the camera networks reachable via network?
frengo

Post by frengo »

Hi,
yes sure, there are
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

so the ZM headquarters would be remotely located away from the other physical locations?
do any of the sub systems (each CCTV net) run ZM or are they directly recorded by a DVR unit?

ZM could be used as you describe. There are several ways to approach the solution.
frengo

Post by frengo »

Thanx again for your answer.
Yes the ZM headquarter ( just 1 ) will be located remotely away from the other physical locations and each sub system are directly recorded by DVR unit ( no ZM on each sub system )

Thanx
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

can you capture the streams from the 290 cameras without going through the DVR's?
can you connect remotely to the DVR's?

Sorry about the late reply...my internet provider has had a 3 day outage of service....and that in the shadow of New York City.
frengo

Post by frengo »

The cameras are not ip cameras,
yes I can connect remotely to the DVRs
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

we will be in good shape if you can reach the DVR's remotely and see each camera connected to those DVR's separately. Meaning how do you see the individual DVR streams? Is there a URL....can you open an individual stream remotely in a browser for example? Or when you see a remotely connected stream from one of the DVR's, right click on the image and copy the image location....perhaps we can see an example of such a URL.

The point is we need to be able to collect the individual camera streams that go to to the DVR or from the DVR that we can use in ZoneMinder to communicate with the camera streams
frengo

Post by frengo »

At the moment is not possible to see the camera streams, only recordings is possible.
What I would achieve is to create a monitoring central so see the cameras frames