Alarm Frame Count not working

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
Alec

Alarm Frame Count not working

Post by Alec »

Please refer to the query and results below. I don't understand why this isn't working? I change states a couple of times a day, so restarting Zoneminder isn't going to solve the problem, it consistently is not responding to the Alarm Frame Count parameter properly.

I apologize, that this has been a problem for a while after upgrading to 1.33, and I just never got around to looking into it or posting a question about it. And, I am only running Version: 1.33.9~20190612100557-xenial, so not 100% up to date, but everything else is working, and haven't had time to test to make sure my tweaks are compatible with latest release . . .

mysql> select Monitors.Name, Monitors.AlarmFrameCount, Events.Id, Events.AlarmFrames from Monitors inner join Events on Monitors.Id = Events.MonitorId where Events.AlarmFrames in(1,2) limit 5;
+------------+-----------------+--------+-------------+
| Name | AlarmFrameCount | Id | AlarmFrames |
| Alley West | 3 | 464609 | 2 |
| Back Door | 3 | 466342 | 2 |
| Alley West | 3 | 466582 | 1 |
| Back Door | 3 | 468128 | 1 |
| Back Door | 3 | 469743 | 2 |

Am I possibly doing something wrong in my settings? Or have some other corrupted configuration?

Thanks!

Alec
DFU
snake

Re: Alarm Frame Count not working

Post by snake »

Try adjusting pre event image count and let us know if that resolves it.

Reference:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28432
Alec

Post by Alec »

Thanks! I had missed that post. . .

However, my pre-event count is already at 10:

mysql> select Monitors.Name, Monitors.ImageBufferCount, Monitors.WarmupCount, Monitors.PreEventCount, Monitors.PostEventCount, Monitors.AlarmFrameCount, Events.Id, Events.AlarmFrames from Monitors inner join Events on Monitors.Id = Events.MonitorId where Events.AlarmFrames in(1,2) limit 5;
+------------+------------------+-------------+---------------+----------------+-----------------+--------+-------------+
| Name | ImageBufferCount | WarmupCount | PreEventCount | PostEventCount | AlarmFrameCount | Id | AlarmFrames |
+------------+------------------+-------------+---------------+----------------+-----------------+--------+-------------+
| Alley West | 35 | 25 | 10 | 10 | 3 | 464609 | 2 |
| Back Door | 35 | 25 | 10 | 10 | 3 | 466342 | 2 |
| Alley West | 35 | 25 | 10 | 10 | 3 | 466582 | 1 |
| Back Door | 35 | 25 | 10 | 10 | 3 | 468128 | 1 |
| Back Door | 35 | 25 | 10 | 10 | 3 | 469743 | 2 |

Anything else that might explain this?
DFU
asker

Post by asker »

Not quite sure I understand. Your query seems to be doing what its supposed to do (though I think its not structured correctly)

Your query is trying to match "Events.AlarmFrames in (1,2)" which is matching correctly. That is your "AlarmFrames" column, which is 1 or 2.
You are probably confusing this with the "AlarmFrameCount" column, which is completely unrelated and that field comes from the Monitor Table (and has no relation to event alarmed frames)
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
Alec

Post by Alec »

What I am asking is: given the monitor settings (that is, alarm frame count =3) why are the monitors entering the alarm state on the first alarm frame?

The query results were my, apparently misguided, attempt to summarize pertinent data from my system to provide evidence that the monitors were actually configured as I believed, and that zoneminder was not responding to the setting.
DFU
asker

Post by asker »

Ah, sorry I misunderstood.
Good question. I saw a thread on GitHub about a somewhat (not quite) similar issue
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zoneminder/issues/2364

Haven't looked into it more than reading that thread
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
Alec

Post by Alec »

Thanks asker.

That thread identifies the problem as being related to having a pre-event count set to a value less than the desired alarm frame count. In my case, I have pre-alarm set to 10, and the alarm count set to 3, so I don't understand why I am still getting alarms with a frame count of 1? What other setting or log information might shed light on this?

Thanks,

Alec
DFU
asker

Post by asker »

I don't really know. Given Isaac and Andy were engaged in that issue, either of them may may a better idea. If they don't see this thread, you might want to get to the ZM slack channel and ask Isaac. He is usually available there, Andy not so much these days.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Having looked at the relevant code recently, I'm not sure what is going on :?

I'll have to see if I can recreate it.