Storage question

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
alabamatoy

Storage question

Post by alabamatoy »

Added large HDD for zm data. Its mounted etc. Went into options, storage and set the new storage point, deleted the old one. Restarted the service. It still shows the original storage point at the top of the console, along with the new one, but nothing is being written to the new HDD area, it still seems fixated on the old storage point.

Any thoughts on how to fix?
alabamatoy

Re: Storage question

Post by alabamatoy »

I'll answer my own question, may be helpful to someone else. Apparently changing the values in OPTIONS/STORAGE has no effect on where storage is actually written/read. One must create and edit a .conf file in /etc/zm/conf.d as described here.

This leads me to wonder what value the "storage" paged under options has, and why it should either be made to work as one would expect, or else remove it.
homebrewdude

Post by homebrewdude »

I also added new storage, and I didn't edit a conf file.

I changed the storage location under each camera, and it worked.
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

homebrewdude wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:15 pm I changed the storage location under each camera, and it worked.
Thanks for pointing this out, I had not noticed the storage setting within each monitor. I have now changed all the monitors to point to the new storage area. I hope this eliminates some of the weird errors Im seeing in the log.

One wonders why there is a storage config page in options, a storage config in the .conf, and a storage config for each camera. What each does and does not do is certainly not clear.