Issues after upgrading to 1.32.3

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
mli

Issues after upgrading to 1.32.3

Post by mli »

Zoneminder version: 1.32.3
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3B+
Database: MariaDB 10.1.38
HTTP server: Apache/2.4.25

I upgraded from Zoneminder 1.30.0 to 1.32.3 using the .deb package at https://zmrepo.zoneminder.com/debian/release/stretch. The update went without problems but I'm facing issues which I cannot solve after two days of trying. There are two things that do not work:

I'm not able to disable alarms on a monitor. When viewing the stream of a monitor and clicking the "disable alarms" text once nothing happens. If I click the text multiple times the text changes to "enable alarms" but then it changes automatically back to "disable alarms" after a second or so. There are no errors on log when this happens.

I'm only able to view only one or two events after I log in to Zoneminder. When I open a third one it doesn't start playing and only displays a still image. In the log I see these errors.

Code: Select all

2019-11-11 20:20:02	web_js		5349	ERR	getCmdResponse stream error: No data to read from socket - checkStreamForErrors()	?view=event	
2019-11-11 20:20:01	web_php		5355	ERR	Timed out waiting for msg /var/run/zm/zms-165437s.sock	ajax/stream.php	90
2019-11-11 20:20:01	web_php		5355	ERR	No data to read from socket	includes/functions.php	2048
2019-11-11 20:20:00	zms_e59757		5564	INF	Got signal 15 (Terminated), exiting
Occasionally I also see these errors:

Code: Select all

2019-11-11 20:21:22	web_js		21222	ERR	getCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-729387s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()	?view=event	
2019-11-11 20:21:22	web_php		5058	ERR	Socket /var/run/zm/zms-729387s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information.	includes/functions.php
In /var/run/zm there are *.sock and *.lock files. *.lock files do not get deleted automatically. The number of *.sock files seems to be 4. When a new *.sock is created an earlier one is removed. The number in file names match the one in log errors. For example zms-165437s.sock exists in /var/run/zm when I see an error in the log.

Viewing monitors live separately or in Montage works without any issues.

I have tried to search Google and this forum for solutions. I've disabled OPT_AUTH, switching AUTH_TYPE to builtin/remote and AUTH_RELAY hashed/plain. I've also changed AUTH_HASH_SECRET from the default to a string with lower and upper case letters and numbers.

What might cause these issues and how to fix them?

Regards,
mli