Some issues with new Zoneminder server

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
etsmc

Some issues with new Zoneminder server

Post by etsmc »

Hi People,
Just a little background to start with, I have been running Zoneminder 1.29.0 for some time with a couple of cheap 1280x720 IP cameras and it has been working well and any issues I have normally been able to fix browsing through the forums.
One of my cameras died so I purchased a Reolink 410 5MP but found that I had to drop the resolution to get it to work and it would only show up when using RTSP. The system was running slow and I liked the improvement in quality from the old to the new camera that I will probably be upgrading the other camera in the future.
All the info I could find pointed to the machine I was running it on not being powerfull enough so I brought a new machine(well new old machine)

The new machine specs are as follow:
3rd Gen i7 (can't remember exact model)
8gb ram
128gb SSD
500gb HDD

I have set this up with a new install of Ubuntu 18.04 and Zoneminder 1.32.2 via Iconnor's PPA, from there I have mounted the HDD for storage following the info from 'read the docs'.
The system is up and running and I have been able to add my cameras although the Reolink I did have to add it with an RTMP instead of RTSP found from this forum post.
The older camera just worked with the same old settings as before.

Now to my issues.
#1 on 1.29.0 When using motion detection I could open an alert frame and it would show with a red outline the detected motion (blob?), I have set up the motion detection the same or so I believe but an alert frame will only show a red outline around the whole frame and not the detected motion. what have I done wrong there?

#2 with the new Reolink camera on the old 1.29.0 system the Zoneminder timestamp and the cameras timestamp match to the second, on the new 1.32.2 there is a difference of about 20s eg Zoneminder time stamp shows 09:00.10 and the Reolink timestamp will show 08:59.50 I have tried adjusting buffers but I can get Zoneminder to show a near-live stream of the Reolink.

These are the only issues i have come across so far.
Hopefully, this forum can come through and help like it has done so in the past so many times.
Any info I can provide to help just let me know.