Error getting new camera working - Reolink

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
mgranger

Error getting new camera working - Reolink

Post by mgranger »

My camera is setup and the pic will come in and out sometimes but won't record and I can only see it for a little while before it cuts out. I have 4 other cameras that seem to work just fine

Here is my log file.
Attachments
zm-log.txt
(60.27 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
bbunge

Re: Error getting new camera working - Reolink

Post by bbunge »

Per chance are you running ZM on a Pi?

Would be great to get some info on your system such as Distro and version, system RAM and etc.
mgranger

Post by mgranger »

No I am running this on an Unraid docker. I am currently on version 1.32.3. I had trouble back in Feb getting my other 4 cameras working but was able to get them up and running with some help. They were all Reolink but were the RLC-410 and RLC-422 and this time I have a RLC-420. Here is a link to forum where I got some help for that issue...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25874&p=109320#p109320

It was a little bit of a different issue but may give you more info. It seems to be Zoneminder is not getting the stream because everyonce in awhile i will get an image but it quickly goes away so I know I have the stream correct (I think)
mgranger

Post by mgranger »

Anyone have any ideas on this? I am still stuck. I have typed in the Source Path into VLC and it works fine so it seems to be something within Zoneminder but not sure if I don't have enough memory or CPU or what. I am only going for 5 cameras but maybe that is too many.
IncompleteString

Post by IncompleteString »

maybe check your resources with htop while Zoneminder is running. That should give you an idea of if you system is over loaded or not.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Maybe you need\ to increase your WATCH_MAX_DELAY setting. If it takes too long to get an image, zmwatch will kill zmc. The default of 10 seconds is too little for some cameras. I use 45.
mgranger

Post by mgranger »

I increased the WATCH_MAX_DELAY to 45 seconds and on top of this i dropped all the streams to Baseline and a lower resolution. It seems to have helped as my Load is hovering a little over 3 now rather than 5. I am able to see the image from the camera now but I am getting too many Events. I set the time to be 10 mins however I am getting a new even every 11 or 12 seconds. I have attached the log file again in case that helps
Attachments
zm-log (2).txt
(28.95 KiB) Downloaded 167 times