Zoneminder in Debian 10

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
osmoste

Zoneminder in Debian 10

Post by osmoste »

I did a clean installation of Debian 10 and followed the tutorial in the following link:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_10_B ... e_Easy_Way

Nothing happens when I click on the Add button. And it also has several other buttons that do not work.
osmoste

Re: Zoneminder in Debian 10

Post by osmoste »

I get the following error message in terminal:

ERR ['zmtelemetry.pl' exited abnormally, exit status 9]

if I give the zoneminder command in the terminal:

zmtelemetry.pl

I get this message back:

Can't locate JSON/MaybeXS.pm in @INC (you may need to install the JSON::MaybeXS module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /usr/bin/zmtelemetry.pl line 36.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

We asked for some changes to the zoneminder.conf file. It is possible that something else got changed, too. Will look into it...
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

OK, Something got messed up when the zoneminder.conf was updated in deb-multimedia

Here is a file that works:

Code: Select all

########################
#
# Remember to enable cgi mod and serve-cgi-bin.conf configuration
#
# a2enmod cgi
# a2enconf serve-cgi-bin.conf
#
########################
# Order matters. This alias must come first.
Alias /zm/cache /var/cache/zoneminder
<Directory /var/cache/zoneminder>
    Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted
</Directory>

Alias /zm /usr/share/zoneminder/www
<Directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www>
#  php_flag register_globals off
  <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
           Require all granted
  </IfModule> 
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin"
<Directory "/usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin">
    Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
    AllowOverride All
    Require all granted
</Directory>

<Directory "/usr/share/zoneminder/www/api">
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteRule ^$ app/webroot/ [L]
   RewriteRule (.*) app/webroot/$1 [L]
   RewriteBase /zm/api
</Directory>

<Directory "/usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app">
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteRule ^$ webroot/ [L]
   RewriteRule (.*) webroot/$1 [L]
   RewriteBase /zm/api
</Directory>

<Directory "/usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app/webroot">
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^ index.php [L]
    RewriteBase /zm/api
</Directory>
First make a copy of zoneminder.conf

sudo cp /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.sav

Next, edit the file

sudo nano /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf

and replace the contents with the above code.
osmoste

Post by osmoste »

It has improved a lot, but it still has problems.
The Start and Stop button does not work.
It starts capturing the cameras but does not display the image. I use the same camera settings in Debian 9 and it works very well.

This error is still present.

778 ERR 'zmtelemetry.pl' exited abnormally, exit status 9 zmdc.pl

Below I put some logs !!!

Code: Select all

2019-07-25 08:43:22	web_js		21530	ERR	getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-010994s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()	?view=watch	

2019-07-25 08:43:22	web_php		21530	ERR	Socket /var/run/zm/zms-010994s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information.	/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php	2048

2019-07-25 08:43:21	web_js		21527	ERR	getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-485562s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()	?view=watch	

2019-07-25 08:43:21	web_php		21527	ERR	Socket /var/run/zm/zms-485562s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information.	/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php	2048

2019-07-25 08:43:20	web_js		21530	ERR	getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-126613s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()	?view=watch	

2019-07-25 08:43:20	web_php		21530	ERR	Socket /var/run/zm/zms-126613s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information.	/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php	2048

2019-07-25 08:43:19	web_js		21527	ERR	getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-351193s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()	?view=watch	

2019-07-25 08:43:19	web_php		21527	ERR	Socket /var/run/zm/zms-351193s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information.	/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php	2048

osmoste

Post by osmoste »

I gave up using zoneminder on debian 10
Still not working well. I can't see the camera images.
I better stay at debian 9 same !!!
clipo

Post by clipo »

Is there any plan to update the zmrepo version to Debian 10 using all the built in utilities of the debian base?

I don't really want to install the deb-multimedia and risk breaking my other items.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I may look into it tomorrow (Wednesday)
francis3

Post by francis3 »

I use debian 10 buster from almost three months now.
Rock solid setup.
zoneminder package form deb-multimedia updated today.

Little trouble described here:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28286&p=110494&hil ... s3#p110466

The zoneminder.conf for apache2 is from a ubuntu install via iconnor's ppa for 1.32! :-D

Regards,
francis3
clipo

Post by clipo »

Any further with progress with a Debian 10 ZMRepo release of of ZM 1.32.3

Are there any additional requirements not included with the default repo for Debian 10, i.e. higher version of FFMPEG
felixr

Post by felixr »

ZM 1.32.3 is working for me on Debian 10 with the following configuration for apache 2.4 (zoneminder.conf)

#######################################################
#
# Remember to enable cgi mod and serve-cgi-bin.conf configuration
#
# a2enmod cgi
# a2enconf serve-cgi-bin.conf
#
########################################################

# ************** ALIASES *******************************
ScriptAlias /zm/cgi-bin /usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin
Alias /zm/cache /var/cache/zoneminder
Alias /zm /usr/share/zoneminder/www

# ***************** Directories ************************
<Directory /usr/lib/zoneminder/cgi-bin>
Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>

<Directory /var/cache/zoneminder>
AllowOverride None
Require all granted
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www>
DirectoryIndex index.php
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^$ app/webroot/ [L]
RewriteRule (.*) app/webroot/$1 [L]
RewriteBase /zm/api
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^$ webroot/ [L]
RewriteRule (.*) webroot/$1 [L]
RewriteBase /zm/api
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app/webroot>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^ index.php [L]
RewriteBase /zm/api
</Directory>
clipo

Post by clipo »

felixr,

How did you actually install Zoneminder on Debian 10 via the SID reop, multimedia one?
CountyLine

Post by CountyLine »

clipo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:22 pm felixr,

How did you actually install Zoneminder on Debian 10 via the SID reop, multimedia one?
ZoneMinder 1.32.3 in Debian Sid is installed by following bbunge's excellent instructions here. These have been updated recently. If you followed these before the update, it will probably be worth your while to try them again.

Note: If you have the deb-multimedia repository in your sources.list file, you very well may have dependency problems. Get rid of it if you do. It is not fully compatible with Debian.

Required reading for anyone considering using deb-multimedia:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/FAQ

See sections 2.5 through 3.1. Please pay particular attention to 2.5.2 and 2.6.
felixr

Post by felixr »

I installed Zoneminder from deb-multimedia repo and up to now it's working fine.
snake

Post by snake »

If you are using an RPI, the Raspbian repositories have 1.32.3 for Debian 10.
See: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Raspberry_Pi_4_-_Raspbian