Buffer -> Alarm Frame Count not being honoured

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
girkers

Buffer -> Alarm Frame Count not being honoured

Post by girkers »

I will admit I am very new to this and have installed version 1.32.3 and got the system working really well, the only issue I have is with the often very small recordings with Modect.

Setting Alarm Frame Count to 10 does not seem to make any difference on my detected events, I am getting events even when the Alarm Frames are down to 1.

Have I got something mixed up in that the two values do not correlate, is there another way to get the result I am after?

Whilst I appreciate that I have my settings set quite sensitive the reason being is that I have to as I need to detect smaller objects that are away from the camera.

Any help in fixing this would be great, thanks.

Girkers
--

Girkers
snake

Re: Buffer -> Alarm Frame Count not being honoured

Post by snake »

For configuring the zones for smaller objects, have you read through this page?https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Understandi ... or_Dummies
girkers

Post by girkers »

Yes I have, that is exactly the article I read to set up my Zones, however that doesn't stop all the recordings that are 1 sec or less.

The detection itself is working fine, however a brief shadow, a quick flashing light is being detected and with 1 detected frame I am getting 6 frame videos (15fps are the cameras). Theses are the detections I am trying to get rid of.
--

Girkers
snake

Post by snake »

What are the general, source, and storage settings for your camera?

I tested the alarm frame count on my 1.32.3 machine, and while I haven't had events less than the specified frames yet, I did see that the FPS # on console gets broken as soon as Alarm Frame Count is adjusted. Before my cameras report 3FPS, but after changing the value, they report 1000 FPS on the console. It's a superficial error as the monitor page shows the camera working correctly. Restarting ZM does not repair the error. These are REMOTE cameras, doing encoding from MJPEG to H264.

All this being said, there may have been changes from 1.32.3 to master, so this may not be an issue.
girkers

Post by girkers »

Okay, not sure how to check this at the console but my camera details are as follows.

I am using two (2) Unifi G3 Pro and they are set to FFMpeg using an RSTP url and the Storage is set to H264 pass through.

Happy to check this at the console to troubleshoot just don't know the commands.

Thanks for following up.

Girkers
Last edited by girkers on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
--

Girkers
girkers

Post by girkers »

I have had something of a win with these settings under 'Buffers"

Image Buffer Size (frames)
Warmup Frames
Pre Event Image Count
Post Event Image Count
Stream Replay Image Buffer
Alarm Frame Count

By simply changing 'Pre Event Image Count' to 5, I am no longer getting any alarms under 10 Frames.

Working beautifully now.

Cheers

Girkers.
--

Girkers
jasontallen

Post by jasontallen »

agencies wrote:
What are the general, source, and storage settings for your camera?

I tested the alarm frame count on my 1.32.3 machine, and while I haven't had events less than the specified frames yet, I did see that the FPS # on console gets broken as soon as Alarm Frame Count is adjusted. Before my cameras report 3FPS, but after changing the value, they report 1000 FPS on the console. It's a superficial error as the monitor page shows the camera working correctly. Restarting ZM does not repair the error. These are REMOTE cameras, doing encoding from MJPEG to H264.

All this being said, there may have been changes from 1.32.3 to master, so this may not be an issue.
I can't reproduce this situation as I have a later version so yes, I think this is not an issue anymore.