Stuck in Privacy Page - Can't Access Console (New Install)

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
Petebacher

Stuck in Privacy Page - Can't Access Console (New Install)

Post by Petebacher »

Brand new install of ZM. When I click the "Submit" button on the Privacy page (regardless of whether I accept or decline Telemetry collection), the page refreshes and I'm back on the Privacy page.

Some notes:
  • I've disabled my pop-up blocker, so that shouldn't be causing my problem
Additional info:
  • ZM 1.32.3-bionic
  • Linux: Mint 19.1
  • Desktop: XFCE
  • Apache: 2.4.29-1ubuntu4.6
  • PHP: 7.2.19-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
  • My SQL: 5.7.26-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
  • Browser: Google Chrome 75.0.3770.100-1 (but I see the same thing in FireFox)
I've been running LM as my desktop and a media server for years, but have no real AMP experience.

Thanks

-Pete
Petebacher

Re: Stuck in Privacy Page - Can't Access Console (New Install)

Post by Petebacher »

So Zoneminder has no support?

:/
snake

Post by snake »

Mint is an unusual choice for ZM. Which instructions did you use to install it? You should be using the wiki guides here: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Helpful_use ... _Procedure
See the Ubuntu specific guides.

The privacy page is loaded if ZM_SHOW_PRIVACY in the DB (zm.Config table) is set to 1. By default, the value is 1, so when you load it, and answer the prompt, it attempts to write a 0 to the privacy page, and also loads a value into ZM_TELEMETRY_DATA field in zm.Config depending on whether you said yes or no. It sounds like that 0 isn't getting written.

So you could technically hack the db field to say 0, and it should bypass it, but I have a feeling that the install process is incomplete and there will be other errors. I'd recommend following the guides above to reinstall.
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

Indeed.

I strongly recommend -- and I recommend this having been stupid enough to not do it -- that if it's your first ZM install, you install it on a documented/supported platform, even if you have to dredge up a spare box to do that on. Once you've installed it and it works, you'll have aslightly better idea what to shoot at if you go off the beaten path, and have worse luck.

At the very least, you will know to your certain knowledge that *it does work*, and that can help a surprising amount. :-)
ifxbr

Post by ifxbr »

So far I've seen just "generic", non-helping replies here. So I'll fix your problem. Here you go:

The problem is that the SQL script is missing a simple command to delete table "Sessions" prior re-create it.
You have to add this command and re-run the script.
  1. Open the file /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_create.sql

Code: Select all

sudo vi /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_create.sql
  2. Search for the following text: CREATE TABLE Sessions
  3. On the line above this text, add this line of code: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Sessions; and save the file
  4. Run the script again, using the MySQL root password you've set:

Code: Select all

mysql --verbose -uroot -p < /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_create.sql
    After that, I recommend you to re-run the steps mentioned at https://wiki.zoneminder.com/How_to_Inst ... l_Fossa%29
Enjoy!
cnarwc1

Post by cnarwc1 »

I had a problem getting the Accept button to work on the initial Privacy page.
Turned out that the Content-Security-Policy settings in the .htaccess and/or the apache2.conf files, which protect my own web page, were blocking some critical actions (discovered through the web developer console).