Two-way audio support

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
viktr

Two-way audio support

Post by viktr »

Hi there,

Cannot find an answer, please help. Is it possible to use two-way audio in ZM? I have downloaded 1.32.3 for debian 9.9 and added my hikvision DS-2CD2455FWD-IW camera. It works ok, but it has internal speaker and I cannot find how to configure it.The camera itself is configured as ffmpeg rtsp source. Is it possible to use it's speaker somehow?

Thank you
thefuzz4

Re: Two-way audio support

Post by thefuzz4 »

At this time ZM does not support live streaming of audio. It only supports recording the audio with a recording. Also keep in mind your local laws in regards to recording the audio without informing the 2nd party.
viktr

Post by viktr »

That’s sad. Well, thank you, been searching for that for a while, met some mentions about 2-way audio. Btw, if i’ve got an ip camera with 2-way audio, and this camera is accessible via rtsp, does the audio channel to the camera streams via the same rtsp connection? Just want to understand is it difficult to add such a support.
Regarding local law - I’m not a lawyer but I suppose I can do whatever I want in my own house ) Thank you for warning anyway
mikb

Post by mikb »

viktr wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:58 am I’m not a lawyer
I think that's the only accurate bit of your last sentence.

It depends what country you are in, and whether "the public" could be recorded by your "bugging device", and also whether it is considered OK to record people's conversations without their consent or knowledge -- even in your own home, and what you do with those recordings.

Generally, adding audio to a recording adds a new dimension of legal problems to those you already had. Consult a lawyer, as you are not one :)