Video could not be loaded .... only when recorded between 7pm and midnight

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
bakerm5

Video could not be loaded .... only when recorded between 7pm and midnight

Post by bakerm5 »

Hello, I recently installed Zoneminder 1.32.3 to be able to monitor our home camera (moving away from Windows and iSpy). I have the camera working and recording upon motion detection, but all of of the events recorded between 7pm and midnight (to be specific: 23:59:59) cannot be viewed through the console. I get "the video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported". When I copy the mp4 file to my Mac, I can play the video just fine. So it's not corrupt.

My setup:
Mac
Virtual box hosting Ubuntu 19.04 server image (so no desktop, only console)
ZM 1.32.3

Thanks for the help here.
kitkat

Re: Video could not be loaded .... only when recorded between 7pm and midnight

Post by kitkat »

I had a similar issue, but only for the hour before midnight. The video was actually saved on disk, but the directory dates didn't agree with the browser URLs.

Make sure that the system timezone and PHP's date.timezone setting are the same, and check php.ini carefully for duplicate entries.

You'll have to restart Apache, and probably ZM, after changing them.
bakerm5

Re: Video could not be loaded .... only when recorded between 7pm and midnight

Post by bakerm5 »

Thank you, that was it: duplicate entry. I updated the timezone in the apache2 php.ini file as well as the cli php.ini file. Went searching again this morning, and found that the apache2 file had a nice little "date.timezone = Etc/UTC" at the very bottom.

Now I can see all the bugs attracted to the camera at night :D Oh, and other more potentially important stuff.

Thanks again