zmaudit and zmfilter errors

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
diode

zmaudit and zmfilter errors

Post by diode »

This is my second install of ZM after the first computer I had it on decided to crash. I'm running Ubuntu Server 19.04 and I'm having an issue with zmaudit and zmfilter where it thinks that it is running, but the PID that it references doesn't exist. The error that I'm receiving is:
Error Log.png
Error Log.png (141.48 KiB) Viewed 3140 times

I have tried forcing the zmaudit as suggested in the log, but I receive the following errors:
terminal.png
terminal.png (56.2 KiB) Viewed 3140 times

I'm also noticing that the main page is not reporting correct storage for the files which I'm guessing is because zmaudit is unable to run:
Main Page.png
Main Page.png (86.9 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
I've tried refreshing mysql, restarting the machine, and several other troubleshooting techniques to see if I could get the zmaudit to start working, but I'm starting to think that either I'm missing something for the installation, or there is something deeper that I just can't figure out. The error in the comand line indicates that I may need to install the Number::Bytes::Human module, but I have no clue what that is and I didn't pull anything up when Googling.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
diode

Re: zmaudit and zmfilter errors

Post by diode »

Anyone have any thought on where I can start to resolve this? Still running into issues and I haven't been able to get anywhere in the last few weeks.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

You need to install the libnumber-bytes-human-perl package. sudo apt-get install libnumber-bytes-human-perl

How did you install ZM? That library is a dependency and should have been installed automatically if you installed using our packages.
diode

Post by diode »

Well, that seemed to do it. Thank you for the response! It looks like i'm no longer going to have to manually delete the recordings to keep from filling up the storage media.

The installation method I used was the instructions located on the ZM website.

https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/st ... buntu.html

It was the same way I did the initial install, which worked out well until the operating system crashed.

If I end up having to rebuild again at some future date, I'll probably go the Docker route.

Thanks again for the continued support!