Viewing Events

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
algae

Viewing Events

Post by algae »

I'm running Zoneminder 1.32.3 on Ubuntu 18.04.2. If i configure a camera to use the video writer option in either x264 or h264 passthrough mode, i'm unable to view stored events. i get the normal playback screen with an error that says, "The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported." I'm able to view live stream from the camera with no issue. I don't have this issue when using saved JPEG mode. No errors appear in the ZM log when the playback fails. based on some searches here, i have confirmed folder ownership of the events folders and that time zones match between Apache and the system.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
juanmoura

Re: Viewing Events

Post by juanmoura »

i've the same problem on the same version in CENTOS, but my others ZMs in the same version and the same distro show me the events without errors.
algae

Post by algae »

Any suggestions?
andrea.longo

Post by andrea.longo »

I have the same configuration as algae - ZM 1.32.3 and Ubuntu 18.04.2; regardless of the activation of the jpeg storage some events (10%) can't create a valid mp4: the event is created, so its thumbnail and mp4 file, but the mp4 can't be played. Its size varies from approximately 200 to 500 kb, depending on the complexity of the scene. It seems like the first frame is caught, but the rest of the video can't be encoded. Streaming is ok. The system is fairly tuned, seems to have plenty of memory, CPU and disk access. Can't get a clue.
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

andrea.longo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:17 am I have the same configuration as algae - ZM 1.32.3 and Ubuntu 18.04.2; regardless of the activation of the jpeg storage some events (10%) can't create a valid mp4: the event is created, so its thumbnail and mp4 file, but the mp4 can't be played. Its size varies from approximately 200 to 500 kb, depending on the complexity of the scene. It seems like the first frame is caught, but the rest of the video can't be encoded. Streaming is ok. The system is fairly tuned, seems to have plenty of memory, CPU and disk access. Can't get a clue.
Do the unplayable 10% of events cluster around specific times, such as the hours before or after midnight?

Is the videos for those events playable in another player, such as VLC or MPC?
andrea.longo

Post by andrea.longo »

No, the failure occurs randomly at any time of the day. The mp4 cannot be played by VLC.