Unraid & ZoneMinder

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
Mewls

Unraid & ZoneMinder

Post by Mewls »

Hello all,

I'm currently running ZoneMinder v1.32.3 on my UNRAID v6.6 server as a docker. I have it working, even with Wyze Cams. However I have an issue with scheduling. I have turned the software upside down and read the documentation on ZineMinder's site, where is the ability to schedule to enable/disable cameras during certain parts of the day. I've played with the filter options, but the only way I see them working is to "Execute command...". So I read into this more and it appears this is for scripting and not a single command, nor does it seem to execute ZMU commands.

:? Maybe I'm slow or have unreasonable expectations. Quite possible I even have a "dumb-down" version for UNRAID. No matter, what this seems like to me is this software is an automobile that have been fully built with working door handles, but the company didn't cut the door to be opened. I enjoy every aspect of this software and seems to work great, except changing the state (enabled/disabled/modect/none/monitor/etc.) of the cameras throughout the day is not possible unless I manually change them or I am missing something very obvious.

:oops: Sorry for the little rant, but I have spent hours with this project, where others seem to have pressed a button and said, "done, works great".

My issue is, I have 16TB of storage for video and 6 cameras (more to be added). When closed, I do not need the cameras running every second. I'd like the cameras to be set on modect while closed. Then when opened, disable some and switch others to record. However, our hours change thru-out the week, so it's not an even schedule. I'm trying to be smart with my recording habits and keep as much relevant video as long as possible before it's over-written/deleted for new.

:evil: I feel the realization is the docker is a waste, unless I'm running cams 24/7 on a single state that never changes. :idea: Looks like I need to create a Unix VM, install ZoneMinder, and run a scheduling service to execute ZMU commands at specific times.

:?: Open to feedback. :!: