No analysis frames

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
arezee

No analysis frames

Post by arezee »

I all... I built a few zoneminders trying to figure out why I am not getting any outlines on detected motion. ZM 1.32.3 on Debian and Ubuntu.
I get motion recordings but cannot find how to enable showing motion on replay or on stills. I have "generate_analysis_frames" selected in option/config. I added a value in "Analysis FPS" in Monitor configuration hoping that it would create them. I changed Monitor/Storage to save "frames and analysis images", X264 (its an IP camera) but did not change encoder parameters. I've tried changing the Zone options to "Alarm Pixels" and "Blobs" to no avail. I've browsed the forums and the internet for guidance and cannot find this anywhere (other than an old post in 2016 that references ZM 1.30).
I'd be glad for any help.

Thanks
arezee

Re: No analysis frames

Post by arezee »

I may have answered my own question.
It seems that the analysis frames are not shown on video playback but require clicking on "frames" or "alarm frames" in the event view. Then, clicking on one of the alarm frame numbers (in red) will show the outline of the Blob identified. Selecting any other frame and stepping forward to alarm frames will not show the blob outline. A number of other settings are also required in
source/general analysis FPS (I set to 5 for testing)
source/storage/ (save Jpegs= Frames and Analysis Images and in Video Writer=H264 camera passthrough).
rockedge

Re: No analysis frames

Post by rockedge »

yes looks like you got the hang of it.