exploring linked monitors

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
dasti

exploring linked monitors

Post by dasti »

Hi,

I was testing the interesting concept of linked monitors that allow to do (for cameras with 2 streams) motion detection on low fps/resolution stream and record on hi resolution and hi framerate streams on zoneminder 1.32.x

It's working fine except that I noticed that for the link to work you must keep the video writer activated on the motion detection side even if you don't need low resolution events. If I'm correct it saves CPU but this should double the number of events. Did I make a mistake in my configuration ?
lowres monitor is configured in modect and the highres one in nodect + linked to the lowres monitor

If this is an expected way zoneminder works, what could be the workaround ? Setup a filter that will deleted the lowres events after an hour ?

thanks for your help
dasti
iconnor

Re: exploring linked monitors

Post by iconnor »

It is a valid point, we should have a monitor function that just does detection....
dasti

Re: exploring linked monitors

Post by dasti »

ok noted

I also noticed that as I was poking and deleted the detection zone on the hi-res monitor (thinking that it might save some CPU) it actually seemed to block the "linking" with the lowres monitor and trigger recordings didn't work anymore

do you think this deserves a bug/feature report ?