Motion Recording

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
fish2222

Motion Recording

Post by fish2222 »

Hi guys. I am fairly new to this, but have read through the wiki's and the forums but seem to have an issue I can't figure out. I have a problem with motion recording. I have my zones set correctly, and I finally got the buffers and setting set so when it does record, it records the length it should and doesn't cut off the beginning or the end of the motion. The problem is that I can't get thing like a cat within 10 yards or or a person like 40 yards away to trigger a record that is till in the zone area. It also seems like if I walk by the camera one direction, wait about 5 minutes and walk by the other direction, it never detects the motion (or at least doesn't record). Maybe there is a delay between recordings setting that I am missing? It always seems to record left to right, but not right to left motion. Hopefully this makes sense! Thanks.
fish2222

Re: Motion Recording

Post by fish2222 »

So, I deletely my camera, re-added it, and now things seem better. I did upgrade to 1.33.5, but had a lot of digital anolmalies in my camera streams that kept false recording, so I wiped out the zm db and uninstalled, reinstalled 1.32 and now things are better!
fish2222

Post by fish2222 »

So, I am trying to figure out now why I have so many events that will record for the shadows of the trees blowing in the wind, but a car or a person can walk 40 yards away and nothing is recorded...
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

that is the magic! Figuring out what combination of settings works best in your scenario.
There are some guides and tips floating around and this is one that may get you started on adjusting the zones to your advantage.
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Understandi ... or_Dummies
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I find that the default minimum blob size etc of 3% is way too high. i find that 1% or less is required. depends.