zmcontrol ERR 503 in logs

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
pennyzm

zmcontrol ERR 503 in logs

Post by pennyzm »

I'm trying to get the ptz working for an axis m3027-pve camera.
When looking at the zoneminder logs a zmcontrol error keeps recurring:
"zmcontrol ERR Error check failed:'503 Service Unavailable' zmcontrol.pl the PID is either 23725 or 27061.

I've not found anything referencing this error yet for zmcontrol in the forums or on the internet. I'll keep looking, but has anyone else come across this error before?

Do I just need to kill the PID?

Kind regards,
pennyzm
pennyzm

Re: zmcontrol ERR 503 in logs

Post by pennyzm »

I've killed both PID's 23725 and 27061.
I've been trying to get the ptz functionality to work with an axis m3027-pve and I've been trying both ONVIF and the VAPIX interface. These PID's could have been left somehow from when I was testing things.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

503 Service Unavailable is a standard HTTP error response code.

That is the response the camera is sending back to zoneminder. e.g. ZoneMinder is just passing the message it got from the camera into the logs.

The Axis M3027 is not a PTZ camera in the traditional sense. It is a panoramic camera. That likely explains why it is returning an error when you send ptz commands to it. You may need to go looking for the camera API to see what kind of commands it expects to perform its "ptz" functions. That would tell us if there is even chance a control script could be written for this camera.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
pennyzm

Post by pennyzm »

I apologize for the late response, not sure how I missed your reply. I'll check it out to see what I can find.

You are correct that the camera is panoramic. When I saw it claimed digital PTZ functionality I thought to give it a try.

Thank you for the reply!