Unable to read videos from web console

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
Oliv59

Unable to read videos from web console

Post by Oliv59 »

Hello there :D ,

I installed recently ZM 1.32.3 on a raspbian stretch, running one camera Heden setup this way : Source type = ffmpeg, function = modetect, sourcepath = http://user:pass@ip/videostream.cgi?use ... ass&rate=0
Tout marche pas trop mal, mais j'ai un souci lorsque je veux visualiser les videos prises lors d'une alarme dans la console, j'ai le message : "The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported". When i access the video through SFTP / SSH, i can read it with vlc without any problem.
It that can help, i have those line in logs :
2019-03-03 22:27:24 web_php 855 ERR Setting to disabled /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 462
2019-03-03 22:27:00 web_php 855 WAR Turning selected_monitor_ids into an array 1 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/skins/classic/views/_monitor_filters.php 69
2019-03-03 22:23:09 zmc_m1 1344 WAR Option rtsp_transport not recognized by ffmpeg zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp

I suppose the option rtsp_transport not recognized might have something to do with my problem, but it's just a supposition, i might be totally wrong (above all, it doesn't appear every time i access a recorded video).
Through, in chrome inspector, i can also see this message :
VIDEOJS: ERROR: (CODE:4 MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED) The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported. vjs.MediaError {code: 4, message: "The video could not be loaded, either because the …rk failed or because the format is not supported."}

Any idea on how to fix this :?:
Thanks for your help 8)

Olivier.
Oliv59

Re: Unable to read videos from web console

Post by Oliv59 »

Hello there,

Still didn't find a solution, through it would be my last really blocking point :(
Would it be because in camera setup, Storage tab, i chose "H264 Camera Passthrough" in "Video Writer" option ?
If it can be any help, if i try to reach directly the stream flow, through this url : http://192.168.1.X/zm/index.php?mode=mp ... user=admin, i see it really access the video file (according to the event id i chose, i see in chrome inspector the video file accessed and it fits the size of the video event), but i still can't see it, whatever is the used browser, IE, FF or chrome :(
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Just loaded my Pi with Bionic and Zm 1.32.3. Can confirm that it does jpeg's just fine.

Storage-Save JPEGs - Frames only
Video Writer - Disabled
Oliv59

Post by Oliv59 »

Yes, jpgs fine, but I want to record videos in case of alarms for motion detection.
Oliv59

Post by Oliv59 »

No one can help me on this ? That's the last issue i have :(
If taht can be any help, noticed tonight that recorded videos are recorded twice the normal speed. For example, i had tonight a record of 53 secondes (according to console), and the generated video only lasts 26 seconds.
Thanks, keep doing good job ;)
Oliv59

Post by Oliv59 »

Last try, nothing to try, nothing to do for that ?
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

From what I've learned about Zoneminder on a Pi, you can not record videos directly. You can do jpeg's which should be able to be exported as a video file the same as any other Zoneminder install. I am currently running ZM 1.32.3 on a 64 bit Ubuntu Pi. Will try to take some time to see if the video export works.

Edit: Yes, the video conversion from jpeg's to video does work! There is your answer!
Oliv59

Post by Oliv59 »

Hello bbunge,

I'm surprised, i have a video file (.mp4) found on my rasp pi (/var/cache/zoneminder/events/{monitor_id}/{date}/{event_id}/{event_id}-video.mp4).
And what do you call the jpeg's to veideo conversion ? Is it an automatic process ? Where is it ?
Thanks,
Olivier.