Simple question on network Share Wiki guide

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
junior466

Simple question on network Share Wiki guide

Post by junior466 »

Greetings!

Just over a day now with ZoneMinder and I am loving it! I just finished following the guide https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Common_Issu ... ive_or_NAS on setting up "Systemd to Mount Internal Drive or NAS" and successfully mounted and started recording to NFS.

One question of the guide that didn't work for me was this section:

Make and Set Folder Permissions We've created our primary mount point, but we aren't done yet. First, let's create some folders and set the correct permissions:

Code: Select all

mkdir -p /mnt/sdb1/zoneminder/events
    mkdir -p /mnt/sdb1/zoneminder/images
    chown -R www-data:www-data /mnt/sdb1/zoneminder
I received errors when running the above:

chown: changing ownership of '/mnt/share/zoneminder/events': Permission denied
chown: changing ownership of '/mnt/MYSHARE/zoneminder/images': Permission denied
chown: changing ownership of '/mnt/MYSHARE/zoneminder': Permission denied
I don't think this is an issue since when I mounted the share, the systemd file has this line:

Options=credentials=/root/.smbcredentials,uid=33,gid=33,rw
I believe that already mounts the share with www-data as owner of the mount point? I verified it and sure enough www-data has all the correct permissions for the mount point:

drwxrwxr-x+ 4 www-data www-data  zoneminder
Safe to assume this is configured correctly? Log shows nothing and recordings work fine.
bbunge

Re: Simple question on network Share Wiki guide

Post by bbunge »

What file system is on your NFS? If it is not EXT something I can understand the error.

It is almost impossible to cover all the scenarios folks will use. I've tested those instructions several ways within my hardware limitations. Have also been able to store events to a NTFS format USB drive on my router. Have also tested with my NAS, USB drive and SATA drive on the ZM server.

If yours works, GREAT! Ignore the error but check that the events are being stored correctly.

bb
junior466

Re: Simple question on network Share Wiki guide

Post by junior466 »

Its FreeNAS so ZFS? Again, everything is working fine. Recordings are being stored on share with no errors.

Instead of opening another thread, I was also wondering if its normal for ZM take a few seconds (around 30 or so) to change states? Usually I see the delay when going from Modect to None/Disabled.