Unable to view/create alarm frames or stills from videos

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
diode

Unable to view/create alarm frames or stills from videos

Post by diode »

I'm having an issue with being able to view the alarm frame .jpg and stills with my install. I'm running on a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 server and it's a dedicated ZM machine.

Whenever I attempt to view the alarm frame images or stills, I'm receiving the following php error.
Screenshot from 2019-02-23 20-47-39.png
Screenshot from 2019-02-23 20-47-39.png (26.54 KiB) Viewed 3362 times
I did update the time in the php.ini to my local time zone, but I'm still noticing that all of the recorded alarms are still referenced using UTC timezone. The screen capture below of the recorded image shows the overlay on the video just a few seconds after completing an alarmed recording.
Screenshot from 2019-02-23 21-01-22.png
Screenshot from 2019-02-23 21-01-22.png (212.25 KiB) Viewed 3362 times
Screenshot from 2019-02-23 20-52-59.png
Screenshot from 2019-02-23 20-52-59.png (57.73 KiB) Viewed 3362 times
One thing that I also did after installing ZM was update the local time using dpkg-reconfigure tzdata. I didn't recall if I had everything working before updating the local timezone, or not.

The interesting thing is that the date/time stamp added to the videos shows and what's displayed in the log is the correct time. The alarm times are recorded as the UTC and I'm unable to determine how to make that change. I'm assuming that is one of the reasons that it's unable to locate the file is due to differing dates. I've restarted, reloaded my backup php.ini file and nothing seems to be working.

Playback works just fine for any alarmed event. I didn't realize that this was even an issue until I recently started to try and fine tune the alarm zones for better pickup.

While searching for a remedy to this issue I did come across the following viewtopic.php?t=26594 which seemed to have the exact same issue. Unfortunately changing the system time back to UTC does not appear to fix my issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
diode

Re: Unable to view/create alarm frames or stills from videos

Post by diode »

If my original question is too broad, maybe I can ask how to update the time that the MySQL database uses. I'm assuming this is where the timestamp is coming from for the recorded videos?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

have you tried to shut down ZM then restart the mysql server and start ZM again?

You can check the my.conf file to see if there is a stray date/time setting. It should use the time from the hardware clock that PHP uses.

I have had on occasion ran across this on Puppy Linux systems in certain circumstances with ZM and stopping the mysql server and restarting it fixed it....but this is only in some specific cases
diode

Post by diode »

Thank you! I've had the machine restarted several times and that didn't seem to work. As you suggested, I restarted ZM, Apache2, and MySQL and everything is now lining up and I'm able to pull up the alarm images. Thank you!