New instlal on Ubuntu Server - No video playback

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
ScottBouch

New instlal on Ubuntu Server - No video playback

Post by ScottBouch »

Hi all,

My cameras are working, and ZM is recording successfully using modect. I can see the recorded still images.

I cannot:

View individual live streams from the cameras using the ZM-console.
View montage / cycle monitor
View videos of recordings / replays
Download videos of recordings
Download log files

I can:

View live rtsp steams using VLC of all my cameras.
View recorded still images by clicking on "Alarm Frames", or going to the "Stills" view
View recorded images by browsing to the folders on my CCTV drive.

As I can't download log files, here are some cut & paste snippets form my logs whe I've tried viewing streams and recorded events, apologies about the formatting, but I can't see how to create a table in my forum post:

Can't save log files:

2019-02-05 12:32:58.053225
web_php
FAT
Can't open event export list file 'temp/zmFileList.txt'
/usr/share/zoneminder/www/skins/classic/includes/export_functions.php

Can't view live camera stream:

2019-02-05 13:31:41.041286
web_js
ERR
getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-980907s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information.
- checkStreamForErrors()
?view=watch

2019-02-05 13:31:40.995850
web_php
ERR
Socket /var/run/zm/zms-980907s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php

Can't play recordings as video stream:

2019-02-05 13:33:32.826619
web_js
ERR
getCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-871713s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()
?view=event

2019-02-05 13:33:32.786313
web_php
ERR
Socket /var/run/zm/zms-871713s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information.
/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php

Ubuntu server 18.04 LTS headless.
ZM v1.30.4 - it keeps on suggesting I upgrade ZM to v1.32.3, but as I work away form home I dare not do this via SSH in case I break it and can't be there to fix it.
Client-wise, I'm viewing using Firefox on Linux Manjaro, but also have used Firefox on Linux Mint and Firefox on Windows 10.

(Oops, I realise I've put this in the 1.32 forum, sorry)

Cheers, Scott