Event cache file directory

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
Radionut

Event cache file directory

Post by Radionut »

This is my first post to these forums.

I have been running Zoneminder for around a year now, with great success. My server is a VMware virtual running Ubuntu 18, and I have 4 IP connected cameras.

For a couple of reasons I decided to tidy things up by moving to a new, clean install. I set up a new virtual, and exported, then imported the database using mysqldump -uroot -p zm >/tmp/zm.sql, and mysql -uroot -p zm < /tmp/zm.sql. I did not need to have my old events files, so ran the DeleteAllEvents filter on the new system to clean out any references to old events.

The old install was version 1.30.4, the new version is release version 1.32.3 so I had to run the zmupdate.pl script.

This worked very well, with almost everything falling into place, other than playback of events.

Playback on a browser works as expected, but I get intermittent responses on the zmNinja android and desktop applications, the events are showing up in lists (with no thumbnail), but often showing a blank screen only when playing.

In the logs I see this type of entry often:
DiskSpace: Event does not exist at var/cache/zoneminder/events/9/18/09/19/19/34/56:
but when checking I see that the event files are actually in a series of directories structured like this:
/var/cache/zoneminder/events/5/2019-01-21/129520

Looking back to the old system I see it has the events stored in a structure like this:
/var/cache/zoneminder/events/5/19/01/20/20/34/49

So I am suspecting that version 1.32.x uses a new directory structure for events, but that somewhere in the export and import, then setting up my new server a remnant reference remains for the “old” structure.

Am I right? Where should I look? Or… is there a different cure available?