Video export format / settings for Whatsapp

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
royduin

Video export format / settings for Whatsapp

Post by royduin »

When I'm exporting a video and share it with Whatsapp not everyone can view the video. With VLC it works but not everybody does have VLC on his phone so what format and settings are needed so everyone can view the exported video's? My current settings:

FFMPEG_OUTPUT_OPTIONS -r 25
FFMPEG_FORMATS mp4* mpg mpeg wmv asf avi mov swf 3gp
FFMPEG_OPEN_TIMEOUT 10

When I open the video on VLC on my Macbook and check the media information the codec is: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
royduin

Re: Video export format / settings for Whatsapp

Post by royduin »

Anyone?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

try to use the .mpeg or .avi format. The problem is that there is no one format that is guaranteed to work across all phones if they rely on a browser to run the video.
royduin

Post by royduin »

rockedge wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:38 am try to use the .mpeg or .avi format. The problem is that there is no one format that is guaranteed to work across all phones if they rely on a browser to run the video.
Going to try those the next time. Thanks.
Jack2

Post by Jack2 »

royduin wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:13 pm When I'm exporting a video and share it with Whatsapp not everyone can view the video. With VLC it works but not everybody does have VLC on his phone so what format and settings are needed so everyone can view the exported video's? My current settings:

FFMPEG_OUTPUT_OPTIONS -r 25
FFMPEG_FORMATS mp4* mpg mpeg wmv asf avi mov swf 3gp
FFMPEG_OPEN_TIMEOUT 10

When I open the video on VLC on my Macbook and check the media information the codec is: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi! royduin I am newbie and have the same issue with my whatsapp so i was search on google and i found the app name WhatsApp Plus Alternative of whatsapp when i install it to my phone my problem is solved may be this is helpful you can check here.
maxbartos

Post by maxbartos »

Try using the .mpeg or .avi format