Mocord, Nodect: Should mocord trigger monitors linked to it?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
josecanuc

Mocord, Nodect: Should mocord trigger monitors linked to it?

Post by josecanuc »

I'm trying to understand the operation of ZM and need some help.

I have a dual-stream IP camera, with the low-res and high-res streams configured. I have been doing MODECT on the low-res stream and have linked the high-res monitor to the low-res so that a high-res recording will be triggered when motion id detected on the low-res monitor. All that has been working fine.

I decided I wanted to have a 24/7 history of the video, from the low-res stream, so I set the low-res monitor to MOCORD. However, when I do this, motion IS detected, but the high-res monitor that is linked to it no longer gets triggered.

Is this expected behavior? I saw in the github issues that, a while back, there was a request to NOT have MOCORD monitors 10-minute new-event creation trigger an alert on linked monitors, but does this also stop motion-detection from triggering a separate event for linked monitors?
jsylvia007

Re: Mocord, Nodect: Should mocord trigger monitors linked to it?

Post by jsylvia007 »

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm also interested in something like this!
Pedulla

Post by Pedulla »

Just create a new/separate/clone monitor in ZM for the low res record. Keep the original low res at modetect.

In this way you won't have to wade through your constant recordings to see events.

-and- make sure you've upgraded to 1.32.3. Life is good at 1.32.3 ;)
Maximo1970

Post by Maximo1970 »

Did you ever find out the answer to this? I'm also struggling to get linked monitors to work for me.
josecanuc

Post by josecanuc »

Maximo1970 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:10 am Did you ever find out the answer to this? I'm also struggling to get linked monitors to work for me.
The answer by Pedulla was what I went with. It seems a workaround, but it does do the job. I do believe it causes the IP camera to stream the same video twice, which is less than ideal.