Event Every Ten Minutes

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
Quantum

Event Every Ten Minutes

Post by Quantum »

After trawling the first ten pages of this forum it seems there are some problems with ZM. I guess patience is in order.

But it is recording an event for ~10 minutes... every 10 minutes, in Mocord. I do want to record 24x7 but please tell me this isn't a workaround to do that? I only installed it today and already have a haystack of events. If this is inherent to Mocord, is the only answer filtering out say, those 0/0 scores?

Also Deleting an event isn't reliable. The X on the right of the Event list doesn't work, and in viewing the event I must wait exactly 6 seconds after it starts to hit Delete, or it doesn't delete. Maybe this is a known issue?

And for motion detection, is the answer still to monitor a low-rez stream which triggers a high-rez stream? If so, how to delete the low-res stream say, every 8 hours?

And what happens when my partition dedicated to a given camera gets full? Does it then automatically delete the oldest files?
Pedulla

Re: Event Every Ten Minutes

Post by Pedulla »

A little extra info would help. OS/stack/zm version/install method
But to attempt to answer your questions:
But it is recording an event for ~10 minutes... every 10 minutes, in Mocord. I do want to record 24x7 but please tell me this isn't a workaround to do that? I only installed it today and already have a haystack of events. If this is inherent to Mocord, is the only answer filtering out say, those 0/0 scores?
By design for Mocord. Don't see how else one would manage continuous recording except to break it up into manageable segments. Duration is configurable on the Misc tab of each monitor.
Also Deleting an event isn't reliable. The X on the right of the Event list doesn't work, and in viewing the event I must wait exactly 6 seconds after it starts to hit Delete, or it doesn't delete. Maybe this is a known issue?
Might be a UI issue but your install method and stack might explain the issue or point to a config problem. But, could also be the refresh value configured for the bandwidth you've selected.
And for motion detection, is the answer still to monitor a low-rez stream which triggers a high-rez stream?
I'd say yes and take advantage of the new storage options for each monitor. It's pretty cool. I'd also suggest low frame rate for the low res modetect monitor.
If so, how to delete the low-res stream say, every 8 hours?
filters. works great, lasts a long time ;)
And what happens when my partition dedicated to a given camera gets full? Does it then automatically delete the oldest files?
Check out the filters...
Quantum

Re: Event Every Ten Minutes

Post by Quantum »

Nice, thanks.

It wouldn't be too hard to program recording in interval-blocks. It just seems like they took the easy way out and made a timer to gig the alarm. But there may be something I don't understand, like conflict with actual events. I choose to give the devs the benefit of the doubt.

I haven't gotten far enough in the docs yet to understand viewing and filtering events, but presumably I could filter out all low-score events. What I was expecting was a timeline with pips of varying heights on it representing the events and their score, like HikVision does it. All I've found for events so far is a table.

Yes I'm storing each camera to a partition on a 4TB disk. This is nice for segregation. Not sure yet whether I need subdirs in each partition for say, record, events, images.

I'll check out filters, thanks.