[SOLVED] Multi-server setup, streams stopping and restarting

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
tcg

[SOLVED] Multi-server setup, streams stopping and restarting

Post by tcg »

I'm setting up a multi-server config with Ubuntu 18.04 and ZM 1.32. Everything is up and running correctly with one problem. Assume my two servers are zm1 and zm2. When I connect to zm1 and watch a live feed from a zm2 camera, the video stream constantly stops and restart. Looking in the logs on zm2 reveals a lot of "Got signal 15 (Terminated), exiting" messages for zms. The stream immediately restarts and then dies again a second or so later. In the browser, it looks like the tab is being refreshed over and over. So if I reverse it and connect to zm2 and live stream a camera on zm1, I get the same problems. So each server streams its own cameras fine but I get constant restarts on cameras connected to a different server. if I pull the streamSrc URL right out of the browser source and connect to it, everything is fine. Both zm1 and zm2 are reverse-proxied through my main Apache server. Not seeing any Apache errors.

Any ideas?
Last edited by tcg on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
tcg

Re: Multi-server setup, streams stopping and restarting

Post by tcg »

I have a bit more information on this. I noticed in the browser debugging tools that every time I see this stop/restart in the stream, I get an error like the one in the attached image. I get this when I stream from a camera that is on a different server than the one I am connected to.

How can I go about debugging this? Is this a mootools problem? Sorry, not at all familiar with mootools.

zm_error.png
zm_error.png (67.41 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
Chris
tcg

[SOLVED] Re: Multi-server setup, streams stopping and restarting

Post by tcg »

As a follow-up to my own post, it appears that turning on ZM_AUTH_HASH_LOGINS solved this. While testing with zmNinja it popped up a message stating that this needed to be enabled. Once I did, this problem went away. ZM_AUTH_HASH_LOGINS is apparently off by default in 1.32.2 and it wasn't obvious to me that it needed to be on until I got the message from zmNinja.
Chris