Use Old Skin?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
f1d094

Use Old Skin?

Post by f1d094 »

I would like to revert to/implement the "old" boring-but-perfectly-servicable classic skin from 1.30.x. Can this be done? If so, is it just a matter of copying the old skin directory?

Also, I would like to request that the old skin be brought forward as an option. Name it "old crusty" if it isn't flash enough for the cool kids...just please bring it back. I've just upgraded to 1.32.2 and find default skin of very poor design. It needlessly occupies miles of real estate and demands scrolling for useful information.
f1d094

Re: Use Old Skin?

Post by f1d094 »

I just discovered that this symlink is missing post-upgrade (1.30 on Xenial to 1.32 on Bionic) and fixed much of what was broken once created:

Code: Select all

ln -s /var/cache/zoneminder/cache /usr/share/zoneminder/www/cache
Since I have not received a reply I will download the old package and give it a whirl. I still prefer the old compact format on the main console page.
tcg

Re: Use Old Skin?

Post by tcg »

I feel your pain. To me, one of the best things about ZM was its simple and concise interface. I too wish there was a way to go back to the old interface in 1.32. I also thought about sticking with 1.30.4 just for that reason but there are other fixes and features in the 1.32 that I'm interested in. I tried the "classic skin" but I don't really see what's classic about it.
Chris