Only one camera will run

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
Pete1

Only one camera will run

Post by Pete1 »

I've upgraded from 1.30 to 1.32 on Centos 7. Upgraded the database.

Now only one of the two cameras will run at a time. When I restarted ZM, the first camera was capturing and the second was "not running". Everything looked OK and it was enabled.

When I stop the first camera (un tick enabled against Modetect), the second camera goes to not capturing and then capturing. The first one is then Modetect, disabled and Not Running.

When I re-enable the first camera, it stays at Not Running (but is no longer stated as disabled) and stays like that until I disable the second camera!

Everything was OK under 1.30 with both cameras running simultaneously.

Why will both cameras now not run together?
iconnor

Re: Only one camera will run

Post by iconnor »

Sounds like you are out of space in /dev/shm. Check your logs. Check the line in the header where it says /dev/shm: something%
Pete1

Post by Pete1 »

Thanks - it is. 100% used. I've never had this before, so not sure how I should resolve it. Also, has something changed with the new release to cause this?

This is the contents of /dev/shm:

-rw------- 1 apache apache 311046160 Oct 25 20:00 zm.mmap.2
-rw------- 1 apache apache 311046160 Oct 25 20:46 zm.mmap.3
drwxr-xr-x 15 apache apache 300 Oct 24 22:11 zmswap-m2
drwxr-xr-x 10 apache apache 200 Oct 24 22:11 zmswap-m3

df command confirms that the filesystem is 100% used.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Um, what dist is this? the zmswap directories should not be there. Delete their contents.

They are filled with images from live view so that you can do pause and rewind. In each monitor change Stream Image Buffer to 0 to turn this off.
Pete1

Post by Pete1 »

This is on Centos 7.

The two directories were clearly there before I upgraded - they both contain files from Sep 8 and Oct 24 (I think Oct 24 is probably the date I upgraded Zoneminder). But they are all small files. I stand to be corrected, but I don't believe I caused these directories to appear here (I presume that the default install set this location?). The biggest file is 14060 bytes, all the rest are only 60 bytes, in total 21 files so these are not using much space. I haven't deleted these yet, but they are all named zmswap-qnnnnnn where nnnnnn appears to be a random number, so probably safe to delete.

The two files that are filling /dev/shm are zm.mmap.2 and zm.mmap.3. Both are massive files and the same size, 311046160 bytes. They are both dated today, one at 8:00am and one at 8:46 am, so it is these two and not the contents of the two directories that are filling /dev/shm.

I have changed Stream Image Buffer to 0 on both monitors. The time on both zm.mmap.2 and zm.mmap.3 have updated to now (8:49am). Refreshing Zoneminder a few times, still only one monitor is Capturing. The time on zm.mmap.3 is changing, but both files are staying at 311046160 bytes, /dev/shm is still 100%.

Grateful for further suggestions.