Sercomm I cam 2 Cameras don't work in zm1.32

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
oops

Sercomm I cam 2 Cameras don't work in zm1.32

Post by oops »

Had ZM 1.29 installed from Lubuntu live cd for two years on a HP xw4600 work station. HP died on me so I installed ZM 1.32 on a Dell T3500 work station, using 'Ubuntu Server 18.04 64-bit with Zoneminder 1.32.x the easy way' from the ZM wiki. All my wired cameras started up and were working again and so were some outdated Androids I have running as IP cameras. The Androids are connected using HTTP protocol. But none of my five Sercomm Icam 1000s and Icam 2s would connect using the RTSP protocol. I then reinstalled ZM - 1.31 on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 install - using BK Jayasundera's tutorial 'How to install ZoneMinder, v1.31.46. on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS' and had the same results. I used all the same settings for the Sercomm IP cameras - Source > Remote, Remote Protocol > RTSP, Remote Method > RTP/ RTSP. And of course all the same IP addresses and port # that I used before on the Lubuntu install and still couldn't get my Sercomm IP cams to work. Even went into the camera's admin section and played with assigned ports and streaming protocols with no better results. So..... I found an old back up copy of the Lubuntu live cd with ZM pre installed using Ubuntu 14.04 and now everything is working again. My Sercomm Icam 1000s and I cam2s connected right up to ZM on Lubuntu 14.04 and are working just fine. Most of what you folks at ZM do is way beyond my limited experience with Linux and programming so I'm not going to ask for any help to get my system running on the latest ZM release, I'll just stick with Lubuntu 14,04 for now. I'm just wondering if any one else has had a problem getting Ip cameras connected to ZM 1.32 using the RTSP protocol. I know it's not my camera setup or my network so the problem must be in the newer ZM releases.