events wiped out every time I delete

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
sadams54

events wiped out every time I delete

Post by sadams54 »

yet another in the long list of problems. This release makes Windows 10 look smooth and perfectly planned.

I have found that if I run a filter to give me suspected false alarms, which may give me 300 to 500 events, I go thru them and delete most of the events, 90% or more of those from the filter. The events delete but then everything, every event goes away. They are in the database but the actual photos and videos are gone for all cameras. What i found is that /var/lib/zoneminder/events is gone along with everything under it. I have to manually replace the basic directory structure and reset permissions and ownership. then the cameras start giving 0 byte videos until I go to the setting of each camera and change the color between 24bit and 32 bit, save and then put back to what it originally was. one of the 7 cameras will no longer work right. it shows events but the events are 0 bytes and empty. which camera it is, random. This is running on Fedora 28. up to date version.

I notice version 1.33 is being tested, thank you for hopefully fixing the problems but I hope this one gets addressed as it is pretty bad issue. My security system is useless in this condition. I tried setting the audit time in seconds like somebody suggested but didn't help as it seems to be tied to delete of events manually not an automatic function. I am open to any help but I suspect it needs fixed in a new rush to release version.