Watching Live Video Feeds

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
khazelhu

Watching Live Video Feeds

Post by khazelhu »

Hello,

I have created a fresh Ubuntu 18.04.1 server and have installed Zoneminder using the master PPA. I cannot get live video feeds working properly and receive the error message:
getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-660128s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()
So I need to change PATH_ZMS, but the Paths menu does not appear in Options?

How do I check or change the path if it is not available with the ZoneMinder UI?
codabiz

Re: Watching Live Video Feeds

Post by codabiz »

Same problem here. How to check the Path? Running 1.32.2 with Ubuntu 16.04.05 Server
snakeice

Post by snakeice »

Did you get this working? I'll try to help if you didn't but I'm not a zoneminder expert myself but I can point you to PATH_ZMS. which is defined in /etc/zm/conf.d/01-system-paths.conf as "ZM_PATH_ZMS=/cgi-bin-zm/nph-zms".

Then you look in look in /etc/zm/www/zoneminder.conf for "cgi-bin" which should have a similar file or symbolic link to it in etc/httpd/conf.d/ which points you to the directory mentioned in your error "/usr/libexec/zoneminder/cgi-bin" :
************************************************************************************

[root@adder zm]# ls -al /usr/libexec/zoneminder/cgi-bin
total 1664
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 32 Oct 15 03:35 .
drwxr-xr-x. 3 root root 21 Oct 2 06:18 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Oct 2 06:18 nph-zms -> zms
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1700400 Oct 2 06:18 zms
[root@adder zm]#
************************************************************************************
That's how you find PATH_ZMS sounds like everything else is working since you have the ability to go into the web console of Zoneminder and see options means Apache or whatever you use is working . The document that you linked to in the initial post gives a lot of information as well. Let us know how it goes or if you figured it out already. I just wanted to at least help a small bit since I saw no one addressed your concern and I'm sure I would need help down the line as well.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

If you access zm through something like http://localhost/zm then zms_path should be /zm/cgi-bin. It all depends on the ScriptAlias setting in your apache config.