[Solved] PTZ Control Option

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
security_dude

[Solved] PTZ Control Option

Post by security_dude »

In the older version 1.30.x I had the option to click on the video window to move my PTZ camera around to the point where my mouse pointer clicks but now when I click on the video window I only zoom in. The control option seems to be gone in the new version. Anyone know what happened to it?
Last edited by security_dude on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
security_dude

Re: PTZ Control Option

Post by security_dude »

I am not sure if I explained myself clearly enough and perhaps I didn't use the correct terms in my post for people to follow me. The control option is there, of course, but it doesn't allow for me to mouse click on the live video screen and have the ptz camera follow in the direction of my mouse click. The normal click of the ptz direction controller arrows works fine but I don't want to use that, I just want to be able to direct the camera using my mouse arrow clicks on the live video screen, does anyone understand what I am saying? The capability was there in the previous version so I am not sure why it is no longer available in the newer version.
security_dude

Re: Broken PTZ Control Option (Mapped Motion)

Post by security_dude »

Ok so the feature is called 'Mapped Motion' and it appears to be broken in 1.32.x

Here is an explaination of it that I found under the Zoneminder Docs » User Guide » Camera Control
Certain control capabilities such as mapped motion allow direct control by clicking on the image itself when used in browsers which support streamed images directly. Used in this way you can just click on the area of the image that interests you and the camera will centre on that spot.
security_dude

Post by security_dude »

BTT
security_dude

Post by security_dude »

Does anyone use this feature because I am beginning to wonder if I am the only one, lol.
Pedulla

Post by Pedulla »

I used to use it but have converted to utilizing the new Web Site type monitor to access the cameras controls directly. Looks like this.
Screenshot at 2018-11-15 11-17-46.png
Screenshot at 2018-11-15 11-17-46.png (724.2 KiB) Viewed 21872 times
Create a group and use montage view.

See this discussion if you have x-frame-option issues
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27748&hilit=iframe
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Inspired by the success of using the web site connection option I saw on this thread and the original thread mentioned above, and my inability to get a FOSCAM R2C net camera's PTZ controls to work through zoneminder...I am also beginning to attempt to use the web site connection option to load the web interface to be able to use the PTZ controls this way.

So far I can not get past the camera's login page but also I have not been able to login and access the web gui using a Linux run browser...only through Windows can I open the web interface...but I am close I feel and the idea is pretty cool.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

thanks to some very quick work by knight-of-ni the PTZ controls are back on-line and working.

I will post a ptz control script for the FOSCAM R2C net cam as soon as I have setting and retrieving the 16 presets working!
security_dude

Post by security_dude »

Hi folks, this is good news thanks! I tried to add a new monitor with the website selected as a source including a valid website address but it won't work. It keeps changing it back to local source for some reason and the http address gets replace by a hardware port number. Can I use any website address, like for example my router web address as some sort of test? My camera is a HiKsense DS-2DE3304W-DE. Would one of you maybe perhaps send me a step by step instruction that I can follow? I fooled around with the chrome extension "Requestly" which is neat and all but I wasn't sure what to do with it or why I would even need it.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

security_dude wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:45 am Hi folks, this is good news thanks! I tried to add a new monitor with the website selected as a source including a valid website address but it won't work. It keeps changing it back to local source for some reason and the http address gets replace by a hardware port number.
I got this error on one of my demo machines. I traced it back to one or more .sql update files that failed to apply during a previous update.

To fix this, first grant all permission to the zmuser sql account.

Code: Select all

mysql -uroot -p -e "grant all on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass';"
mysqladmin -uroot -p reload
Then execute this in mysql:

Code: Select all

UPDATE `zm`.`Config` SET `Value`='1.30.4', `DefaultValue`='1.30.4' WHERE `Name`='ZM_DYN_CURR_VERSION';
UPDATE `zm`.`Config` SET `Value`='1.30.4', `DefaultValue`='1.30.4' WHERE `Name`='ZM_DYN_DB_VERSION';
Then run sudo zmupdate.pl from the commandline.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
security_dude

Post by security_dude »

That did it! It now works for me, thanks so much.
security_dude

Post by security_dude »

One thing I did notice is that zmninja won't recognize the new web site monitor that I created, is that because of an api incompatibility problem?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

I just confirmed this with asker couple days ago. Website monitors are not supported on zmninja due to too many potential issues.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
security_dude

Post by security_dude »

Ok good to know, thanks. Hopefully it can be worked out in future releases. :D