fast forward does not work

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
sadams54

fast forward does not work

Post by sadams54 »

is there an end to the issues with this version? it is horrible. I have put in complaints to fix many issues. now I find the fast forward does not work when playing back events over web interface. This is a very needed feature. how do we get it working again?
bbunge

Re: fast forward does not work

Post by bbunge »

Fast Forward works for me.

If you have not upgraded your install in the past day do it now as there is a new build on the zoneminder-master PPA. For Ubuntu. If you are not using Ubuntu I suggest you switch...
asker

Post by asker »

Also, not sure if you are using multi-port mode or not. If you are, you will need to enable CORS headers. If you haven't enabled multi-port yourself (using MIN_STREAMING_PORT configuration in ZM) then my comment doesn't apply. You can do an "Inspect source" and see if there are any errors logged when you try to fast fwd.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

it seems the fast forward does work, but it just doesn't show in the indicator.

Also, you expect that in order to fix a problem I should switch versions of linux? sort of like killing flies with nuclear weapons isn't it?
c128

Post by c128 »

In general I've found that new release to be really good on a clean install - I've not attempted an update, due to the issues reported, and I'm currently testing on a separate box.

On the fast forward front: it's working for me, and also shows progress on the indicator. However, if I'm viewing events launched from the "Timeline" view, with "Gapless Events" selected in the viewer, the fast forward speed reverts back to "1x" on each new event played i.e. I can't set fast forward to skim over a series of events.