no thumbnails

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
sadams54

no thumbnails

Post by sadams54 »

I am not thrilled with the 1.32 update. I went from 1.30 to this and it lost all my old data, I had to reprogram 2 cameras and the web interface is less than friendly. The old one opened windows in new tabs making it easy to step back. not so on here and I have no idea how to change that. I am very unhappy that the data was lost. 2 months worth of events gone. I can't upgrade my clients with that issue. I had to re-setup the web interface leaving a system down for a day. I notice that thumbnails for events often do not show up and I can't play those videos if I click on them. This update has seriously destroyed functionality of the software from what I can see

now that I am done bitching. I need help

1.. How do i get things to automatically open in new tabs? such as events and filters.
2.. Why do I not get thumbnails all the time.

I notice the cameras not showing thumbnails or able to view video are rtsp and had to be re-set up after update.
Last edited by sadams54 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
iconnor

Re: no thumbnails

Post by iconnor »

Right click and choose open in new tab?
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

thanks for the answer but I am sure anybody could figure that out. how about a way to do it with a single left click like I clearly meant.
moorsey

Post by moorsey »

Little rude, for your free software....

Just Ctrl+Left click, if right click is a bit tricky
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

actually you are being the rude smart ass. previous function opened in new window. just want that back without the smart ass remarks. Just because it is free does not mean it is ok to screw it up. And I felt it was pretty clear what I was asking but you felt the need to point out something obvious that clearly was not the intent. If you do not have something useful to add, please do not add.
moorsey

Post by moorsey »

no problem, good luck!
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

I have noticed the cameras with no thumbnail says there are events but the storage of the events is 0. must be configuration but the configuration for those cameras was working fine before. I really need some help.
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

I think I solved some of this. the cameras default to 24bit color and that is fine. not in the new version. I had to change those cameras to 32bit color in the source tab and now everything comes up. Hopefully all this helps somebody else with upgrade mess
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

The problem with always doing popups is that there is no way to NOT do a popup. Now everyone has the choice.

What you can do is maintain the old ui to work with the new codebase (not that big of a deal really).

I personally like it not using popups. Others have other opinions.
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

I was able to set firefox to make it a new tab instead of popup. yes popup was annoying but when it became a tab instead it was very usefull. You mentioned using the old ui? I would love that back but how do I do that? sounds like you have done it.
elchavodel8

Post by elchavodel8 »

Im having issues with thumbs too after update from 1.30.4 to 1.32.3. i can see the thumbnails only if i put my mouse cursor over the event if no i see no pictures. heres a screenshot before and after i put mouse pointer over event. I not getting any error for that in zoneminder console too. Regret updating zoneminder zmninja was working fine and everything else too now now too many bugs and dont know how to fix
zoneminder1.png
zoneminder1.png (69.83 KiB) Viewed 15635 times
zoneminder2.png
zoneminder2.png (75.18 KiB) Viewed 15635 times
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

Updating like that has caused a lot of problems for me also. I am working with them to try to correct some of them. I'm hoping that when you did your update before starting zoneminder you ran the Z M update command. The database does not automatically update even if the software does. What seems to be the problem is some new coding in the web interface. Zoneminder itself still working fine but the part that you see and interact with is where the problems are. I have noticed the problem that you're talking about when it does a lot of processing you'll notice the load indicator going way up in relation to what your particular system handles. If you're running a lot of cameras like mine you may want to start looking at a i7 processor or something that has eight cores in it or more. Pay attention to that load indicator in the top of the web interface. The general rule of thumb is you'll get a 1/4 every processor whether it be virtual or physical on the machine. So a quad-core processor should be maxed out when the load reaches 4. It can go much higher but what'll happen distance system starts becoming unresponsive. So take a look at how many cores you have in that machine if you have Fedora running you can usually pull up the system monitor and it'll show it right to you under resources. When you go and look at the events wait for the page to fully load and watch the load process if it's going way up above what should be the theoretical maximum for your machine, that is why you're seeing what you're seeing. And the only way to fix that would be to not bring the load up so high. The best way to do that of course is just take your hard drive and throw it into a more powerful machine with more processing power and more memory.
elchavodel8

Post by elchavodel8 »

No my cpu is ok not high load or anything , i think something went wrong with update i don't know , will purge zonemider and do a fresh install of lamp and zoneminder i think its faster that way
-----------------
update did i fresh install purging zm and database , after fresh install same problem no thumbs like in my screenshots
elchavodel8

Post by elchavodel8 »

I found the solution had something to do with php versions and cakephp not working properly i dont undestand why but the solution was disable php7.1 and enable 7.2? :
a2dismod php7.1 a2enmod php7.2
camroidv27

Post by camroidv27 »

Just a shout for those still having issues... check your enabled PHP version. I had version 7.0 enabled as well as 7.2 enabled. Had to disable version 7.0 before my thumbnails would pop up.

Check by seeing what versions you have in:/etc/apache2/mods-enabled

# a2dismod phpX.X