[SOLVED - OWN STUPIDITY] Suddenly new events unplayable

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
btraill

[SOLVED - OWN STUPIDITY] Suddenly new events unplayable

Post by btraill »

Update... I feel like an ABSOLUTE fool...

Context: I started thinking about everything that was done during setup of the NAS shared folder and I seemingly remembered turning on a folder quota during testing. (500GB) Well... when I went into the Synology Raid/Shared Drive control panel sure enough the folder size was 500GB of a total allowed 500GB. Durrr.....

Leaving this up incase it helps anyone else...

Hello,

I am running ZM on a Debian box and had previously not had any issues. I have /media/NAS/ZoneMinder/events as a mounted storage drive. (It's a NAS on the same network. No issues with it, changes, etc) I also have not done any ZM updates or changes lately. (Other than stopping and starting ZoneMinder once)

Something else I noticed: The error log is not showing any logs.

This appears to have just suddenly happened on the 18th of October for us. I can see the events are creating sub folders within /events and there is a snapshot.jpg which is 0 bytes but not mp4 that typically records to there.

Attached is a screenshot of the error on playback. This is happening on all cameras with events after October 18th.

Edit: Just added another SS of the browser/DOM/JS errors when attempting to play a video aswell as a screenshot of an ls-l on the /media/NAS/zoneminder/events folder.

/var/log/zm/error_log.log isn't showing anything that wasn't normal previously. Just mainly an error about invalid auth key. (Was there months ago in previous logs aswell, though)

I've tried changing one of the cameras to H264 passthrough -- no luck. Same error on an event.

The streams themselves open and play fine.

Something seems funky... Any ideas/help/support would be SO greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Attachments
ls_of_events_dir.JPG
ls_of_events_dir.JPG (70.13 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
browser_dom_errors.JPG
browser_dom_errors.JPG (73.82 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
error.JPG
error.JPG (21.4 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
Last edited by btraill on Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
btraill

Re: Suddenly new events unplayable

Post by btraill »

I remounted the NAS drive (/media/NAS/zoneminder/events) and noticed after restarting ZoneMinder it now shows the storage at the top as NAS - 0% (0b of 0b) -- so its not detecting the storage/share? I am able to navigate to the drive and touch a file/see it on the NAS web interface.
btraill

Post by btraill »

The server itself (Debian) shows the mounted drive to the correct location. When I unmounted, the folders disappeared and after remounting the shared folder from my NAS the events, image, etc folders came back. So the re-mount works and it lists the mounts IP as-well as FQDN so the OS is resolving it.

I also tried removing the NAS storage from Options -> Storage and then re-adding it. When I re-added it and then went to a monitor/camera and set the storage source as NAS and hit save... the monitor list does not show the storage name on the row like it used it. It's simply blank...

Something seems odd.
btraill

Post by btraill »

if I add back the Default storage, the playback is recorded and able to be viewed. (Also the "NAS" title" reappears in the monitor listings for cameras that are set to NAS storage)

From all information I've gathered, I don't know how suddenly ZoneMinder doesn't want to send the data/write it to the shared drive. It's mounted and looks OK. The owners appear as www-data for all folders.
btraill

Post by btraill »

Update... I feel like an ABSOLUTE fool...

Context: I started thinking about everything that was done during setup of the NAS shared folder and I seemingly remembered turning on a folder quota during testing. (500GB) Well... when I went into the Synology Raid/Shared Drive control panel sure enough the folder size was 500GB of a total allowed 500GB. Durrr.....

Leaving this up incase it helps anyone else...