Console Refreshes Even on Alternate Views

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
robhorvath

Console Refreshes Even on Alternate Views

Post by robhorvath »

On the 1.30.x series, the console would refresh only when you were on the console screen.

Now the console is refreshing even when on Montage or Montage Review screens, making it impossible to keep a review monitor up and running in the background of the office.

Ubuntu 18.04.01, ZM 1.31.45~20180808151539-bionic
robhorvath

Re: Console Refreshes Even on Alternate Views

Post by robhorvath »

It appears that the issue is corrected. There were some fonts 404ing (probably due to a bad path in the classic skin). I simply copied the fonts to the path where the zm frontend was looking for them.

For those interested, they were MaterialIcons-Regular.woff and MaterialIcons-Regular.woff2. The frontend was trying to find them in /zm/skins/classic/css/fonts, but they are actually located in /zm/fonts. This could have been fixed either way, but I figured just copying the files was easier.

Now I'm not sure why, but with that fix, the montage review is no longer refreshing back to the console after 1 minute.
Nevermind. Back to square 1. That did not correct the problem. But it did fix the 404 on the fonts.
robhorvath

Post by robhorvath »

Inspecting the developer console, the problem appears to be related to a failing AJAX request. Once a request fails, the interface reloads the Console view.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

What was the failing ajax call?

The logic behind the refresh is that the auth hash's are only useful for an hour or so, so when auth when doing an ajax call we try a refresh to get updated auth hashes instead of the ui just stopping working.Ideally it should reload the view that you were on... not the console...
robhorvath

Post by robhorvath »

iconnor wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:34 pm What was the failing ajax call?

The logic behind the refresh is that the auth hash's are only useful for an hour or so, so when auth when doing an ajax call we try a refresh to get updated auth hashes instead of the ui just stopping working.Ideally it should reload the view that you were on... not the console...
Any idea where in the js I could make that change (I can dig for it if you don't know offhand)?
robhorvath

Post by robhorvath »

This issue appears to be resolved with 1.31.45~20180815172301-bionic.

Works great!