Add onvif camera with authentication

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
ldev

Add onvif camera with authentication

Post by ldev »

Hi.

How should I approach adding onvif camera (that requires authentication) to zoneminder?
Im really struggling here - rtsp works just fine, ptz doesnt.

I've tested with `onvifer` android app - and able to control via ptz, but dont know how to proceed with zoneminder.

Am I understanding it correctly that netcat onvif is THE only onvif/soap control file I could use - and I should look into writing my own control file based on that?
iconnor

Re: Add onvif camera with authentication

Post by iconnor »

I think we would want to improve the netcat script. No one has added authentication to it, although honestly it's probably a half hour job for me. However I do not have any onvif ptz cameras to test against.
ldev

Re: Add onvif camera with authentication

Post by ldev »

iconnor wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:19 pm I think we would want to improve the netcat script. No one has added authentication to it, although honestly it's probably a half hour job for me. However I do not have any onvif ptz cameras to test against.

Have you looked into Reolink script? viewtopic.php?t=25755
It seems like ti's part of the zoneminder code already and someone added authentication to onvif protocol.
That seems like it's supposed to work as a generic onvif+oauth script.... only it didnt work for me -> maybe I need to do more testing.

I just dont understand why the naming convention for control scripts so bad -> id never be able to tell if it's onvif +oauth without digging through code.