ZoneMinder returns blank page

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
BlueH2O

ZoneMinder returns blank page

Post by BlueH2O »

I wasn't getting any thumbnails on my ZM after upgrading to 1.30.4.. I saw I was getting Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in apache logs. So I found some forum posts where folks had that issue with php7 and php5 was still installed. I removed php5 components and made sure the php7 ones were installed. Unfortunately now I am getting a blank page from ZM. There's ZoneMinder main web interface file PHP in the returned page source, but nothing else. I've tried a bunch of things to get it going again, without success. Looking for suggestions.

ZoneMinder 1.30.4 on Debian 9
BlueH2O

Re: ZoneMinder returns blank page

Post by BlueH2O »

Reinstalled, restored database backup and upgraded it. Now getting error on login: SQL-ERR 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='', statement was 'select * from Users where Enabled = 1 AND Username=? AND Password=password(?)'
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

Found this: viewtopic.php?t=26157

I think I'm back in business now.
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

Any other way to fix that error besides adding character-set-server = latin1, collation-server = latin1_swedish_ci to my.cnf?

It seems these settings break mysqldump.