Would you like to see person detection as a feature in ZM? Add to Bounty.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
asker

Would you like to see person detection as a feature in ZM? Add to Bounty.

Post by asker »

(posted in 1.31.x because not sure how many people actually ever look at Feature Requests)

Would you like to see person detection as a feature in ZM?

I don't believe its hard, but we need to make it worth the time for the ZM folks. I've set up a GitHub issue with a Bounty. Other mechanisms today like integrating machine learning as post processing scripts are not ideal (a) they are very slow b) they only kick in once an event is detected. We need this to be integrated into ZM's core.

I don't think adding machine learning based detection (CNNs like TinyYOLO, FastRNNs etc) are a good idea - they are still too slow to work properly in non GPU machines, hence my suggestion to add OpenCV's HOG mechanism. Not as accurate, but much faster. It will be a big step forward from blob detection.

If you think its useful to you too, please feel free to add to the bounty. Lets make it worth it for the devs to prioritize.

https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zoneminder/issues/2138
Bounty Link: https://www.bountysource.com/issues/603 ... ate-option
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
nrbell

Re: Would you like to see person detection as a feature in ZM? Add to Bounty.

Post by nrbell »

I think that this is a great idea. Having a framework that would easily allow the integration of future OpenCV-based features would be a big step up for the ZoneMinder platform. I've contributed to the bounty.
rockedge

Re: Would you like to see person detection as a feature in ZM? Add to Bounty.

Post by rockedge »

I have tested some routines and will look at this idea as well. I like the frame work idea and trying HOG