Date and Time is Wrong

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
geraldbrandt

Date and Time is Wrong

Post by geraldbrandt »

Hi,

When viewing live video, or saving video with x264 encoding (which saves the timestamp), the data and time displayed over the video by Zoneminder is correct. However, the time stamp in the events list and event playback (video playback overlay) are wrong. It's 5 hours out, which is how far off from UTC I am (I'm CDT).

Linux has the right timezone in /etc/timezone (America/Chicago), and the php.ini file does as well.

Is there another setting I'm missing?

Gerald
bbunge

Re: Date and Time is Wrong

Post by bbunge »

Did you check the time in the camera? If the location/time in the upper left, from Zoneminder, is right the one in the overlay, bottom center, is from the camera.
geraldbrandt

Post by geraldbrandt »

Hi,

The one in the bottom overlay is from Zoneminder when playing back h264 streams, and the time displayed there is the same as the event time in the event list, but different than what zoneminder puts in the upper right corner. The one in the upper corner is correct.

Gerald
geraldbrandt

Post by geraldbrandt »

It seems to have auto -corrected itself.
touliloup

Post by touliloup »

The problem seems to be corrected for you, but I just got the same problem and will post the solution here to help other that would land here like I did.

For me the problem was the database timezone. ZoneMinder timezone was ok, thus displaying the correct timestamp on the camera view and in the interface, and displaying the incorrect time for events.

Changing the database timezone corrected the problem for me.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I have had to stop the mysql server and restart it after initial installation to let the time sync with the web sever setting and the machine clock or insure the time settings in the mysql or mariaDB match what is set in the php.ini