does zoneminder can support h.265?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
rayniel

does zoneminder can support h.265?

Post by rayniel »

hello,everyone.
i'm a newer,use the zoneminder to run 8 camera ,200mp.this camra support h.265,but i did'n see any document with h.265.

can you help me ?

and another question ,8 camera ,200mp need What level of cpu can run very well?
knight-of-ni

Re: does zoneminder can support h.265?

Post by knight-of-ni »

ZoneMinder uses external libraries to stream video from modern ip cameras. The question to ask is not whether ZoneMinder supports a particular compression standard, but rather the library you are using supports the compression standard in question.

Ffmpeg is the recommended library to use. Sometimes there are reasons to use something different, but ffmpeg should be your first choice. To check, in your case, if the ffmpeg package installed on your system supports h265, then do this:

Code: Select all

$ ffmpeg -v 2>&1 |grep 265
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=0ubuntu0.16.04.1 --build-suffix=-ffmpeg --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --incdir=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu --cc=cc --cxx=g++ --enable-gpl --enable-shared --disable-stripping --disable-decoder=libopenjpeg --disable-decoder=libschroedinger --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzvbi --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-x11grab --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libiec61883 --enable-libzmq --enable-frei0r --enable-libx264 --enable-libopencv

If you get any output at all then h265 is supported. As you can see, on the system I am typing this message from, h265 is supported.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/