Fatal error: Uncaught Error working with events 1.31.41

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
rockedge

Fatal error: Uncaught Error working with events 1.31.41

Post by rockedge »

I upgraded a ZM system from 1.31.1 to 1.31.41 on Bionic 18.04 and now am encountering this error when attempting to view events or delete the events. attempted event deletion with a filter, which did seem to function in selecting the correct events according to the filter used, but did not do the event deletions.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function Path() on null in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/Event.php:
86 Stack trace: 
#0 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/Event.php(157): Event->Path() 
#1 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php(359): Event->delete() 
#2 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/actions.php(238): deleteEvent(Object(Event)) 
#3 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php(210): require_once('/usr/share/zone...') 
#4 {main} thrown in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/Event.php on line 86

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function Path() on null in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/Event.php:
86 Stack trace: 
#0 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/Event.php(210): Event->Path() 
#1 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/skins/classic/views/event.php(116): Event->DiskSpace(NULL) 
#2 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php(237): require_once('/usr/share/zone...') 
#3 {main} thrown in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/Event.php on line 86
The events are created and written to storage. But every attempt to view or work with them I encounter the same error described above. Involving the public function in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/Event.php:

public function Path() {
    $Storage = $this->Storage();
    return $Storage->Path().'/'.$this->Relative_Path();
  }
rockedge

Re: Fatal error: Uncaught Error working with events 1.31.41

Post by rockedge »

zmfilter.pl would not work I found out because of these missing PERL modules....that may be from a basic installation of PERL and worked after adding with cpanminus

File::Slurp,
Date::Manip, 
Number::Bytes::Human, 
Date::Parse
zmtrigger.pl needed:

Device::SerialPort
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

UPDATE

I added a new storage area and assigned a camera monitor to that storage area. now events can be viewed and deleted and the path functions seem to work again. Both the default location and the added storage area (another disk drive and partition) are working and these errors are not showing up. Must of been a glitch in the install.
DVB Hardware

Post by DVB Hardware »

My 4-18-2018 1.31.41~20180418123146-xenial now works with events in the default setup, but still has other issues.
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Mariadb 10.6.x using Master 1.37.x latest always

DVB stands for Digital VIdeo Broadcasting , retired satellite downlink supplier
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I discovered in my case the default storage area, when selected by any monitor, is throwing the errors shown above. The events and the jpg's are being written to /var/cache/zoneminder/events but the Path is not being resolved correctly.
When I switch to an alternative storage area on another drive/partition the events display correctly but the Export function returns to the console main page and never sets up the download link.