Viewing event in zmninja causes this error..

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
maxiedaniels

Viewing event in zmninja causes this error..

Post by maxiedaniels »

I'm seeing this when I try to view an event in zmninja:

"Socket /var/run/zm/zms-[somenumber]s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit."

I've double checked and my 01-system-paths.conf inside /etc/zm/conf.d has PATH_ZMS set the way it should be (/zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms).

This is using the storageareas PPA version of ZM. 1.31.39

Any thoughts?
bbunge

Re: Viewing event in zmninja causes this error..

Post by bbunge »

Common error caused by your browser. Do not worry about it.
maxiedaniels

Post by maxiedaniels »

To clarify - when this happens, zmninja goes to a screen with a red error saying “could not retrieve frame details”
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

is the camera monitor [somenumber] disconnecting and reconnecting? Is an event generated with the cause Signal?
maxiedaniels

Post by maxiedaniels »

No - I don't see anything about disconnecting or reconnecting. And I don't see anything about signal.

Literally all that happens is I press footage to view an event on zmninja, I get the error "could not retrieve frame details" on zmninja and nothing appears (just a grey screen with the red error and a back arrow), and on zone minder's log page I see the socket error I wrote above.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

share which operating system you are using and does ZM stream the cameras when accessed through the ZM web console?
maxiedaniels

Post by maxiedaniels »

Ubuntu 17.19. Yes ZM in the browser streams fine and shows event footage fine.
canbikehere

Post by canbikehere »

I just upgraded my system to 1.31.39 yesterday, I'm experiencing the same issue with ZMNinja. Everything works fine in the browser, zmninja shows the "could not retrieve frame details" error.

I also see this in my Zoneminder logs:
2018-03-21 10:28:46.438171 web_php 13822 FAT Can't create frame images from video for this event (5550-video.mp4 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/views/image.php 121
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

what version of php are you using? This sounds like an ZM API problem. Test the to see if it is working and use the url ->
http://your-zm-server/zm/api/host/getVersion.json in a browser. it should show a version number...if not the API is broken and zmNinja needs the ZM API to work.....
maxiedaniels

Post by maxiedaniels »

API is working, `{"version":"1.31.39","apiversion":"1.0"}`
PHP is PHP 7.1.15-0ubuntu0.17.10.1.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

oh that is different. can you turn on a deeper level of debug?
canbikehere

Post by canbikehere »

Same here -
{"version":"1.31.39","apiversion":"1.0"}

PHP info:
libapache2-mod-php7.0:amd64/xenial-security 7.0.28-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
php7.0-common:amd64/xenial-security 7.0.28-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
maxiedaniels

Post by maxiedaniels »

rockedge wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:58 pm oh that is different. can you turn on a deeper level of debug?
What level debug would I need to enable? I tried level 3, nothing more is showing up.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

really push it higher to 7-9 at least to see something in the logs. both cases seem similar, all the functions with ZM through the web console work? zmNinja is the only place you are generating these errors?
maxiedaniels

Post by maxiedaniels »

Ah - got it. It was in a different log file. This is definitely the error.

Code: Select all

2018-03-22 10:05:43 Error: [ParseError] syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')'
Request URL: /zm/api/events/5391.json
Stack Trace:
#0 [internal function]: App::load('Group')
#1 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('Group')
#2 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Utility/ClassRegistry.php(146): class_exists('Group')
#3 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Model/Model.php(1077): ClassRegistry::init('Group')
#4 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Model/Model.php(886): Model->_constructLinkedModel('Group', 'Group', NULL)
#5 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Model/Model.php(919): Model->__isset('Group')
#6 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Model/Datasource/DboSource.php(1132): Model->__get('Group')
#7 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Model/Model.php(3031): DboSource->read(Object(Event), Array)
#8 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Model/Model.php(3003): Model->_readDataSource('first', Array)
#9 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app/Controller/EventsController.php(120): Model->find('first', Array)
#10 [internal function]: EventsController->view('5391')
#11 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Controller/Controller.php(491): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(EventsController), Array)
#12 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app/Plugin/Crud/Lib/CrudControllerTrait.php(31): Controller->invokeAction(Object(CakeRequest))
#13 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Routing/Dispatcher.php(193): AppController->invokeAction(Object(CakeRequest))
#14 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Routing/Dispatcher.php(167): Dispatcher->_invoke(Object(EventsController), Object(CakeRequest))
#15 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app/webroot/index.php(107): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(CakeRequest), Object(CakeResponse))
#16 {main}