Gapless Event playback fails

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
geraldbrandt

Gapless Event playback fails

Post by geraldbrandt »

Hi,

When I play gapless events, the second (and on) video never plays. The error I get is

"The video could not be loaded, either because the servert or network failed or because the format is not supported"

Going back any playing the failed event works fine. This is consistent across firefox and chrome.

Running latest 1.31.39-201802
Gerald
canbikehere

Re: Gapless Event playback fails

Post by canbikehere »

I see this same message with h264 passthrough, but not with jpeg frames...
geraldbrandt

Post by geraldbrandt »

All I do is h264 pass-through. except for one camera where I do h264 encode. The h264 encode has the same issue.
geraldbrandt

Post by geraldbrandt »

Any testing or fixes I can do on my end to help out with this issue? Today, I had to go through 4 pages of captures, one event at a time. It was painful.
sonicspeedway

Post by sonicspeedway »

I am having exact same problem, although when the ""The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported"" message shows, I can just refresh the page and it plays. Also playing back videos in zmninja hasn't worked either since this error has surfaced, it says "Could not retrieve frame details".
geraldbrandt

Post by geraldbrandt »

I'll confirm a page refresh plays the video. This helps!
xenoxaos

Post by xenoxaos »

From what I can see, it's trying to load the video from https://domain.com/zm/index.php?mode=mp ... UTHKEYHERE

This doesn't work and needs the '&' replaced with '&'. The URL is in the source of the page (before refreshing to get it to play). I changed the Event.php file on my server in the line:
public function getStreamSrc( $args=array(), $querySep='&' ) {

And now it's working. However, I'm not sure yet if this breaks something else. YMMV and I may have really broken something as well, but I'll face that when I find it.
xenoxaos

Post by xenoxaos »

Looks like my pull got merged. The fix should be in the next build ic0n puts out.

https://github.com/connortechnology/ZoneMinder/pull/95