Zone Line Cross Detection

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
DVB Hardware

Zone Line Cross Detection

Post by DVB Hardware »

This is not a feature request.

I was wondering if anyone tried to do Line Cross Detection by drawing a thin rectangle zone for like the use in a driveway, walkway, etc. I noticed some newer Hikvision cameras support it and I don't think zoneminder supports it yet even if a specific Hik camera is selected which i don.t have at the moment.

By drawing a thin rectangle in zoneminder a event has to be bi directional line cross. The trigger has to be based on pixels removed ?? A driveway maybe 60% and a walk way of 3ft 40%

Otherwise in Hik it is A>B B>A and A><B

Just thinking

Jimmy
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Mariadb 10.6.x using Master 1.37.x latest always

DVB stands for Digital VIdeo Broadcasting , retired satellite downlink supplier
rockedge

Re: Zone Line Cross Detection

Post by rockedge »

I think variations of this are being experimented with to detect direction of motion. There was a case of a camera monitoring a train track. This track had a crossing in a town that when closed for a train, blocked access across to get across town for awhile (long trains) so the idea was to use thin rectangles and combinations of zone types to determine if the trains were traveling inbound or outbound... a warning that a train was coming if one wanted to get to work on time and had to use the track crossing. I attempted to use ZM and Opencv to do this direction of motion determination.....but the CPU demands were much more then my machines can handle so in a real world application it was no more then a proof of concept.