EasyWay Guide for Storage Areas on Ubuntu 16.04 not working

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
ndoggac

EasyWay Guide for Storage Areas on Ubuntu 16.04 not working

Post by ndoggac »

Followed the Ubuntu 16.04 easy way guide step by step twice through to try and install the StorageAreas version of ZM on a brand new 16.04 LXC container, fully updated.

The command "apt-get install zoneminder" errors out at the end with a dpkg error, and attempting another apt upgrade shows 1 package not fully installed or removed. Tried continuing with the guide...

The following command:

Code: Select all

mysql -uroot -p < /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_create.sql
Resulted in the following error:

Enter password:
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 277: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '--Table structure for table `Groups_Monitors`
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `Groups_Mon' at line 1
Any help would be appreciated. I have the main version of ZM running in a different LXC container with no issues.
bbunge

Re: EasyWay Guide for Storage Areas on Ubuntu 16.04 not working

Post by bbunge »

Those instructions were written for 1.30.4. The version you are using is still in testing so might not work. Sorry. Also do not support installing to a container.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

The instructions should work for 1.31.* as well.

I had a missing semi colon. Please try the latest packages.
ndoggac

Post by ndoggac »

IGNORE: Thanks, it worked this time around.  Zoneminder StorageSpaces installed correctly from PPA, and the SQL import worked.  
Since its release (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) I've been using an LXC container on Proxmox host OS and everything has worked great. From the ZM perspective, it shouldn't look or behave any different than an Ubuntu server on bare metal.

Edit: Sorry, I accidentally used the stable ppa instead of the storage spaces ppa. The error still remains. Line 277, zoneminder does not complete installation. This time I didn't proceed to the SQL import step.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Ah, there is no SQL import step in the basic install. Zoneminder will install the database automatically in this version of the install. I do discuss exporting and importing databases if you switch from MySQL to Mariadb but you should not have to do that if you are doing a fresh install of Zonemnder.

Just to be sure you are using the right instructions...

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way