Compatibility with ELP 1080P Megapixel Industrial Mini IP Camera

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
duke99

Compatibility with ELP 1080P Megapixel Industrial Mini IP Camera

Post by duke99 »

Hi forum

I´m new here and searching an NVR for 3 or 4 ELP 1080P Megapixel Industrial Mini IP Cameras.
So I found ZoneMinder, I checked out the DEMO ant I think it does all I need.

But in the https://www.homecontrolsystemsinc.com/e ... le-hidden/ I don´t found my selected camera.

Maybe anyone here has this Cameras in use or tryed it so that I know if they would work?

If not, maybe you have an other advice for an camera model which ist not easy to see. (I would need this becouse it´s for an Cafee where the guests should not be scared about the cameras. We must make stickers about the cams on the door but they shouldn´t be seen...).

Thank you for your help.

PS: I red the Raspberry is not enough for Zoneminder, is there an other platform which is cheap and can record video for 24/7 with 4 1080p cams?
SlowScan

Re: Compatibility with ELP 1080P Megapixel Industrial Mini IP Camera

Post by SlowScan »

I read the Amazon reviews. My take away from them follows. Please bear in mind that some Amazon reviews are fakes and others are done by people who don't have the best grasp of what the reviewed product should actually do. I tried to filter them out myself, but no garantee my filter is all that much better. :mrgreen:

Despite what the ad says, it is not a true POE camera, but apparently comes with some sort of of long corded AC adapter.

It does not have IR illuminators and will not work with an external illuminators because it does not have an IR cut filter. In other words, you can't use it in total or near total darkness. Daytime picture quality is only so-so

It apparently has a fixed IP address of 192.168.1.41. Chinese language Windows software is provided to change it on your network. I did not notice anyone saying whether or not the change survives a reboot.

Directing viewing with a browser requires IE or an active X plug in, an all too frequent case with IP cameras.

The instruction are in Chinese and printed on a small scrap or paper in tiny, tiny print. Is there a paper or ink shortage over there?

The web interface is in Chinese with no other option.

It sends a continuous stream of data to 54.67.91.181, which seems to belong to a camera manufacturer whose stylized logo is unreadable to me. Whois data says the IP is actually owned by AWS (Amazon Web Services). Blocking that stream would be mandatory for me.

It should work with Zone Minder, but expect a hassle getting it going. I definitely would not recommend it for a first or only camera.

At forty bucks US, it is almost throwaway priced. You could give it a try and not lose much, but I suspect you would be a lot better off with a higher quality product.
duke99

Re: Compatibility with ELP 1080P Megapixel Industrial Mini IP Camera

Post by duke99 »

Thank you very much for you detailed research!

Do you have an other recommendation for a 3-4 camera systeme with zoneminder?
- They should be prette small so that they are not seen so easy. POE is nice but not must have...
- And I like LAN more than WLAN (if it is possible)

Thank you very much!